Today's Goals - What are yours?

Replies

• alligatorob
    alligatorob Posts: 736 Member
    My goal today is to eat well and find some exercise.
  • Today I plan to work at a nice easy pace and nurture the sore muscles so that I don't have a fibro flare.
  • dew11252
    dew11252 Posts: 88 Member
    I want to:

Do lymphedema care for my arm. Too many days without and it is sore.
    Do a load of laundry... all the way to folding and putting the clothes away.
    No more than one drink...dang covid...
    Get on the stupid elliptical.

Yep.... no motivation today but that can't always be my excuse!
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    9/8
    • Pre-log, making room for a treat
    • Hit my calorie goal
    • Some sort of activity - bike, yoga, walk
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Make it thru one more day....sometimes hour by hour.....I need to get some groceries and fix dinner this evening...my ribs are still very sore and I think I had a mild concussion....my head does feel better....no exercise again today unless I count doing some grocery shopping...
  • alligatorob
    alligatorob Posts: 736 Member
    Eat right for the rest of the day. Already been to the gym, so I got my exercise!
  • rieraclaelin
    rieraclaelin Posts: 115 Member
    Try to hit my minimum goal of 2100 calories

Why do I feel like I'm doing this backwards :p most people are trying to stay under without going over their calories, I'm lucky if I can even hit my target calories.

I know most of mine is anxiety related, I'm stressing out way too much over macros and nutrients, and I get around 1800 calories and start freaking out over stuff. But I talk to my dietician on the 15th, so, hopefully she will help

My other goal is to hit 64oz of water for the day! I've been so close the past few days, stopping at around 52. I can do it!
  • dew11252
    dew11252 Posts: 88 Member
    Today:
    Cleaning day, no excuses. I have help coming so its gotta be done.
    Gotta get some exercise, shoulder/neck muscles tight from too much tablet time.
    Drink 64+ oz of water.

Thats all. Gotta set some goals I can attain for a positive day.
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot wrote: »
    9/8
    • Pre-log, making room for a treat
    • Hit my calorie goal
    • Some sort of activity - bike, yoga, walk

Got through the day yesterday. Managed to hit my calories, had a McDonald's treat for lunch, and wasn't hungry at the end of the day. I started making travel arrangements for the trip home. In the evening, husband dragged me off the couch for a really nice bike ride. Just a quick 11 miles, but it felt good to be out. This has been ideal biking weather.

9/9
    • Pre-log
    • Hit calorie goal
    • Maybe go for a walk
    • Pick up SOMETHING in the house
    • Laundry?
  • _inHisGrace
    _inHisGrace Posts: 183 Member
    Today I’m going to focus on my future. I am going to write out some goals with deadlines.

I’m seeking some control over my life and I think doing some thoughtful writing will help.

I’m done feeling like a victim of circumstance.
  • conniewilkins56
    Today I’m going to focus on my future. I am going to write out some goals with deadlines.

I’m seeking some control over my life and I think doing some thoughtful writing will help.

I’m done feeling like a victim of circumstance.

Welcome to Larger Losers...this is a great supportive group of people....when I am eating the way I should be, I feel like I am in more control of everything in my life!..there are so many things out of our control every day that eating right is the one thing we can usually exert some control over!..I think writing down your goals is a wonderful idea but be careful setting deadlines...you don’t want to be disappointed if you don’t hit the deadline...sometimes our bodies do not co operate with our desires!...you are off to a great start...please stick around and comment where you want to...we are all here for the same reason!
  • eliezalot

Welcome to Larger Losers...this is a great supportive group of people....when I am eating the way I should be, I feel like I am in more control of everything in my life!..there are so many things out of our control every day that eating right is the one thing we can usually exert some control over!..I think writing down your goals is a wonderful idea but be careful setting deadlines...you don’t want to be disappointed if you don’t hit the deadline...sometimes our bodies do not co operate with our desires!...you are off to a great start...please stick around and comment where you want to...we are all here for the same reason!

First, welcome! It is a great, supportive, and practical group.

To second what Connie said regarding deadlines: they can work for some people (SMART goals) - if that is you, great! Proceed as planned :)

Personally for me, time-bound goals are extremely stressful. If I don't hit one, I feel like a failure, which makes me just want to just give up. If you can be more forgiving with yourself than I am, it could work for you. Just keep in mind that weight loss is a long game, and progress isn't linear. If I tried to have a weekly goal of seeing the scale drop by a pound a week, I'd have given up long ago! Over the last year I have averaged a pound a week loss, but it certainly doesn't show up on the scale on a weekly basis that way!
  • _inHisGrace
    I should have clarified. I’m a procrastinator. I’m writing out only attainable goals.

For example clean out my car.

My mom died last month and that made my who cares, woe is me attitude even worse.

Nobody junked up my car but me. I have the choice to clean it or not. I like a clean car but make every excuse not to clean it.

I gave myself a deadline of 7 days. I’m the only thing stopping me.

I am not giving myself scale goals but log goals. My goal is to log everything everyday.
  • jessiemeckle
    jessiemeckle Posts: 118 Member
    My goal for today is to fit two walks into my day, even if they are 10 minutes long. It is 50 degrees in North Dakota today!
  • conniewilkins56
    My goal for today is to fit two walks into my day, even if they are 10 minutes long. It is 50 degrees in North Dakota today!

50 degrees sounds wonderful....our heat index on the west coast of Florida is in the 100’s today...the heat is killing me this year....I admit 50 degrees I would have a coat on lol
  • Today's goals are:
    Get the groceries done
    Run three loads of laundry-2 down, one to go!
    Make lunch
    Make dinner
    Stretch before bed

I'm having a hard time today cause it's hot and humid. I didn't like it 45 pounds ago and I don't like it now.
  • Cut back on hot tea: I don't know why I'm wanting that all the time right now, but I need to cut back on it and drink my water too.

Make lunch: Pulled pork on buns. He gets his in a wrap, I get mine on a bun with chips, Girlfriend gets hers on a bun with a side of mac and cheese.

Make dinner: Spaghetti and meatballs and pan-seared zucchini. He gets his meatballs and red sauce over the zucchini; Girlfriend gets hers on the pasta with the zucchini on the side.

Put away the laundry that was hung to dry last night.
    Run to the store for canned beans because I forgot to soak the dry beans overnight.
    Make baked beans, pulled pork, mac and cheese, chicken noodles, mashed potatoes, and roast beef with gravy, steamed baby potatoes, and broccoli with cheese sauce. Package it all up for delivery Saturday

Iron a shirt for Boyfriend's interview on Friday morning. Figure out when he needs to get up so he's functional for the interview.

• _inHisGrace
    Make weekly meal plan
    Go to the market
    Only buy what’s on the list
  • rieraclaelin
    rieraclaelin Posts: 115 Member
    Hit my 64oz of water (I managed to do it yesterday, whoo!)

Already got my workout in early this morning, which is nice

Wash the sheets and pillow cases

Try to hit at least 1900 calories, preferably get to 2000-2100

Allow myself some me time with a video game as a way to try and destress from the fact that I got a call from my mom yesterday who proceeded to tell me that she was in the hospital because she fell and broke her knee. (She lives in a different state than me, so, it's not easy for me to just pick up and go. Depending on her insurance, I might go there next week after her surgery on Monday to help out, but, we are hoping her insurance will approve a two-three week stay at a rehab center afterwards)
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot wrote: »

9/9
    • Pre-log
    • Hit calorie goal
    • Maybe go for a walk
    • Pick up SOMETHING in the house
    • Laundry?

I ended up eating close to maintenance yesterday, mostly because husband decided he wanted to make pan pizza for dinner, and i just couldn't resist another slice. It was the best one we've made. I do think this was somewhat offset by the hours I spent assembling our new bed frame last night. Finally I don't sleep on a mattress on the floor!!

Today 9/10
    • Pre-log
    • Go for a walk
    • Hit deficit goal
    • Start picking up in the dining room
    • Start to finalize travel arrangements