Today's Goals - What are yours?

Replies

• conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Be happy,distress lol, go swimming,fix dinner,enjoy hockey game tonight....go Bolts!
  • conniewilkins56
    That should be de stress not distress!
  • Got touchup painting done in Girlfriend's room, and am now going to hang the curtain rods and curtains.
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    Dropped my flute off to get a quick tune-up, then spent the day working on my compost bins. So slow, but coming along. I'll finish putting the hardware cloth on the side pieces tomorrow, and get the lumber for the bottom and lids. I'll be able to finish the bottom quickly, but the lids will be a bit slower, as I'm making those up as I go.

Taking a quick break, than going to can some strawberry ginger preserves with honey, and probably some raspberry sauce. I think we're doing brats for supper (but not on the grill, forgot to buy more charcoal), with some coleslaw, home canned green beans, and homemade horseradish mustard.

I'll be a bit over my deficit today, but I also have been on my feet and working outside. Not really sure how to count it, but I think I'll take a few hundred extra calories for it and call it good.
  • _inHisGrace
    _inHisGrace Posts: 183 Member
    Stay within my calorie allotment or eat up to maintenance. Not go beyond.
  • conniewilkins56
    Going to swim....now!
  • southernskeeter
    southernskeeter Posts: 26 Member
    Todays goal is to get back on track with my numbers. Yesterday was husbands 60th birthday so we took a drive to Erie PA as he wanted to go to Presque Isle state park. We went to Golden Coral for dinner, I didn't do too bad at dinner, had more veggies than anything. What did me in was the stop at Krispy Kreme Donuts. OOF, man are they soo dang good!! I had 2 regular glazed and told hubby to smack me if I attempted more before they were gone. Thank goodness there are 5 adults and 2 kids in our house so the 3 dozen he bought will disappear quickly. Today started with my scrambled egg whites and lunch was 1/2 can of no salt added tuna with 5 crackers. Dinner will be chicken breast and veggies. Back to the normal number watching. Oh and I've been monitoring grand sons virtual school lessons today , not as hectic as last week. The Ipad has survived , so far.
  • eliezalot
    Goals for today are to eat below maintenance (I'm hungry after working hard this weekend and snacky from stress, so maintenance it is). Spend some time outside in the and gorgeous fall weather to cheer me up a bit. Clean up the kitchen.
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot wrote: »
    Goals for today are to eat below maintenance (I'm hungry after working hard this weekend and snacky from stress, so maintenance it is). Spend some time outside in the and gorgeous fall weather to cheer me up a bit. Clean up the kitchen.

Hahahaha well didn't quite eat below maintenance (about 400 calories over it). Some of it was stress cookie eating, some I think was residual hunger from the weekend. Oh well. At least I tracked and logged it all.

Today:
    Pre-log food.
    No cookies.
    Maintenance or below.
    Go outside.
  • _inHisGrace
    _inHisGrace Posts: 183 Member
    Work on getting my head space clear. Dump out the negative thought about myself.

List at least 10 good things about me.
  • Today's goals:
    work out in the morning
    breakfast and meds as I should
    Make 6 pounds of ground beef into hot taco meat and mild taco meat (Because I can't take heat)
    Make a lamb gyro quichecake for fridge; they'll be done with the current one tomorrow.

Make a bacon/onion/spinach quichecake for freezer, so there's one ready.
    Make swiss steak for freezer/Dad's meals.
    Make dinner: pepper steak with rice/caulirice.
    Get out the things for tomorrow from the freezer so they'll thaw in time to use them. Wednesday is the special dinner.
    Do two loads of laundry, folding/hanging as needed.

I'm going to have to be careful with my stand time, because my lower back already Has Opinions.
  • eliezalot
    Today:
    Pre-log food.
    No cookies.
    Maintenance or below.
    Go outside.
    [/quote]

Somehow I actually ate slightly BELOW my calorie deficit yesterday. I...never do this. I prefer to eat every single calorie I'm given (and then some). I think I'll go with the same goals today. I cannot self-limit those cookies, so I'm cutting myself off them for now.
    • Pre-log food
    • No cookies
    • Half-deficit or below
    • Go outside.
  • eliezalot
    • Pre-log food
    • No cookies
    • Half-deficit or below
    • Go outside.

My husband finally finished off the cookies last night, so that temptation is thankfully removed. Ran to the pharmacy, worked outside for a short bit, and spent the evening starting to organize the basement. I'm sticking with similarly simple goals today.
    • Pre-log
    • Go outside
    • Hit deficit +/- 100
    • Practice flute for a bit
  • Today is my shopping day. So I have to generate a list based on my menu, check pantry and freezer against the list so I don't buy extra, and then go to three different stores (2 general grocery and one butcher shop) before coming home and putting it all away.

Then I get to spend the evening/Friday precooking and doing the food for my in-laws. Saturday I take the food to my inlaws and drop with exhaustion. (wry grin)
  • eliezalot
    • Pre-log
    • Go outside
    • Hit deficit +/- 100
    • Practice flute for a bit

Didn't get around to practicing y flute, but had a good food day. Cooked up a nice red lentil curry for supper, went to bed super early because of work stress.

Today has even fewer goals:
    • Log food as able (goodbye lunch for my boss this afternoon means guessing at restaurant food)
    • Go outside
    • Relax - yoga, meditation, reading, crafting...something

• To-dos today: Begin gluing and clamping the flat-pack bookcase so that it will be able to be used.
    Finish hanging the lights in the sun porch. Replace the furniture you moved while doing it.
    Finish folding the laundry and run another load.
    Change sheets on bed and wash those.
    Make baked beans for Dad
    Make hamburger steak for Dad
    Make mashed potatoes for Dad
    Make enchiladas for Boyfriend and Girlfriend for dinner tonight.
    Make myself a taco salad. Since I don't like enchiladas.

Don't eat extra food.
    Go to bed on time.
    Those two are highly related.
  • gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    So much to do today.

Go to store and buy all things for kids birthday party.

Contact bounce house people to move time of delivery back so I can work out in the morning

Make and decorate cookie cake

Cut up all veggies for tomorrow.

Make chicken bombs for dinner (it’s a difficult meal but one of my sons favorite. Figured I would make it since I took the day off today)

Mow the yard

Wrap present

Finish cleaning the house.

I’m sure there is more but that’s a good start.
  • conniewilkins56
    gewel321 wrote: »
    So much to do today.

Go to store and buy all things for kids birthday party.

Contact bounce house people to move time of delivery back so I can work out in the morning

Make and decorate cookie cake

Cut up all veggies for tomorrow.

Make chicken bombs for dinner (it’s a difficult meal but one of my sons favorite. Figured I would make it since I took the day off today)

Mow the yard

Wrap present

Finish cleaning the house.

I’m sure there is more but that’s a good start.

Sounds busy but fun...I loved our kids parties when they were young....now share the chicken bomb recipe!
  • eliezalot
    • Log food as able (goodbye lunch for my boss this afternoon means guessing at restaurant food)
    • Go outside
    • Relax - yoga, meditation, reading, crafting...something
    • Clean up the house - today, the dining room, living room and prep for office.
    • Something to relax
    • Hit calories again

• Got the food made and delivered, so I can relax til next Thursday on that. (grin)

Today I'm working on the flat-pack bookcase. I've got part of it glued up and clamped, so now I'm waiting for it to dry before I move along with it. There's also laundry drying on the sun porch, and more in the washer. I rearranged the linen closet today, and if I feel like it, I'll do the same for the big freezer; they both need it, and I just found my freezer gloves. I'm just going with what I feel like, and dinner is in the crock pot, so when we're all ready for it I'll just put the hot beef on bread and melt some mozzarella over it, and that's all there is to it. (Tastes like way more, though.)

Boyfriend managed to deal with a detour on the road today without a meltdown, but the effort exhausted him so he laid down for a nap. He's also dealing with some insomnia as he deals with no longer smoking herbal remedies, although I think part of that is just habit; if you take away one part of your usual bedtime routine, you tend to have trouble going to sleep because you didn't do it "right". (Or maybe that's just autistic me.)