Today's Goals - What are yours?

Options

Replies

• mssue18
    mssue18 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Right now my goal is to not eat the rest of the night. For the first time in a while I’m under my calorie goal for the day and I want to keep it that way.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Stay on track today, if needed hour by hour....don’t be over confident and don’t nibble mindlessly....ignore the scales going up and down every day!....trust in the process!
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    I'm going to clean up the kitchen tonight and go to bed on time, damnit!
  • _inHisGrace
    _inHisGrace Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Today I’m going to focus on drinking water. My goal is to drink 64 oz. I’m so swollen and I need to get a handle on it.

My weight is the same as last week but I know I’m swollen. I can see and feel the puffyness and my wedding ring is tiiiight!!!

Friday’s are usually my meal planning days because I grocery shop on Saturdays.

I’m having trouble coming up with lunches. I’m trying to do lower carb because of health reasons and I’m sick of tuna on lettuce.

I’m also still looking for warm desserts for 200 cal.

I’m going to work on starting some watercolor Christmas cards.
  • emmyjaykay
    emmyjaykay Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    @_inHisGrace Not warm, but Carnation has a really good light creme brulee recipe that really hits the spot. My favorite warm dessert that's super easy to lighten up is apple crisp. Load up on the apple and go light on the butter in the topping and you can easily have a decent scoop for under 200 cal!

I also recently made an apple galette with rough puff pastry. 1/8 of it was around 180 calories and it had all that apple pie goodness but eliminating the top crust and replacing the goopy filling with sliced apples sprinkled with cinnamon sugar really lightened it up calorically. It warms up really well in a 350 degree oven for a few minutes.
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Today I’m going to focus on drinking water. My goal is to drink 64 oz. I’m so swollen and I need to get a handle on it.

My weight is the same as last week but I know I’m swollen. I can see and feel the puffyness and my wedding ring is tiiiight!!!

Friday’s are usually my meal planning days because I grocery shop on Saturdays.

I’m having trouble coming up with lunches. I’m trying to do lower carb because of health reasons and I’m sick of tuna on lettuce.

I’m also still looking for warm desserts for 200 cal.

I’m going to work on starting some watercolor Christmas cards.

Have you ever had a doctor prescribe meds for water retention?....if you have high blood pressure you might need a lasix on occasion....

I like apple crisp, too but you could make a crisp with sugar free canned peaches or even pineapple...my daughter has been making the sugar free brownies which she likes warm with some cool whip....

I think I might make a crustless pumpkin pie and serve it warm like a pudding with cool whip on it...I need to add calories up for Thanksgiving dinner and see what the verdict is lol....

I absolutely refuse to over eat Thursday because my weight loss has slowed down so much and I am looking at a diet break from the 22 of Dec until Jan 1 if I haven’t gained any weight back before then!...last year I went crazy over the holidays and I started the New Year with extra pounds from eating so many sweets...not going to happen this year!...my 2 week break is going to be the correct amount of maintenance calories and I am still going to exercise....I already told the family I will be swimming as usual a couple of hours on Thursday...

This is not a penance or punishment....this is how I am learning I need to keep control of my binge eating....if I want treat calories, I have to earn them!...90 minutes of swimming allows me a larger dinner or over the holidays some cookies!....

Keep the faith because this does work and you can do it!
  • _inHisGrace
    Options
    Nope. I have low blood pressure and this is the first time I have noticed swelling.

Those desserts sound great. I will try some.

With drinking so much water I’m too full. Never thought I’d say that lol

I’m having a hard time getting to 1200 today. I didn’t eat lunch and I’m 360 short of the 1330 I’m suppose to have. I don’t feel like ice cream so that will take me to 500 short.

Maybe that would be ok for one day?
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Nope. I have low blood pressure and this is the first time I have noticed swelling.

I’m having a hard time getting to 1200 today. I didn’t eat lunch and I’m 360 short of the 1330 I’m suppose to have. I don’t feel like ice cream so that will take me to 500 short.

Occasionally I don’t think it hurts to fall a little short....
  • _inHisGrace
    Options
    Thanks. I’m thinking my allergies might be a factor since we turned off the ac and have had the windows open?
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Thanks. I’m thinking my allergies might be a factor since we turned off the ac and have had the windows open?

That could be it!....feel better
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options

If it happens occasionally, not a big deal. We all get sick and have off days. But if you find you are under your calories more frequently (like every week), then you might want to reevaluate. You don't want to undernourish your body!

Edit: I totally made up the once a week thing, as I'm not sure how often it would need to happen to be concerned. Could be more or less frequently, others with more experience can weigh in here. But as an example, if I were under my calories on a weekly basis, I would look into it further.
  • _inHisGrace
    Options
    Thanks. I know what you mean. I’m certainly not used to eating under 1200 or I wouldn’t be this big now lol.

I’m working on getting a better eating plan together for tomorrow.
  • eliezalot
    Options
    Happy weekend all!

I have a lot I want to get done this weekend.
    • Finish painting the guest room
    • Assemble the bed frame, put the rug in place
    • Bake cookies
    • Make some more leaf eco-prints
    • Read in front of the fire
    • Go for a run
    • Do some yoga
    • Plan Thanksgiving foods and meals
  • eliezalot
    Options
    eliezalot wrote: »
    Happy weekend all!

• Finish painting the guest room (started, but not done!)
    • Bake cookies
    • Go for a run
    • Do some yoga

Day 1 of weekending was a success! Another to go.
    Options
    Got everything I wanted to do done today, except making the yeast rolls, but I did get them mixed and they can do a refrigerator rise overnight.

TOM is here and so I'm going to have to be careful not to get myself to where I can't function at all.
    Options
    This will be the first Thanksgiving since my mom has died and my stepfather commit suicide the week before Thanksgiving many years ago.

Instead of being sad and weighed down with grief and eating my feelings, I’m going to try to work through a way to honor them and not fill up my emotional hole with food.

It doesn’t work but the child in me wants to anyway.

Perhaps you can tell stories about them. The time X happened, the time your father did Y and no one could stop laughing, the wonderful memory of being a kid with them and doing Z.... that sort of thing.

Options
    Today's goals:
    WIpe down all kitchen cabinet fronts and scrub off any greasy deposits
    Rub cabinets down with furniture polish
    Remove all cabinet-top appliances and clean and polish
    Polish glass stove top and remove all deposits.
    Make yeast rolls-on the first rise.
    Make a bacon/caramelized onion/swiss quichecake
    Make a sausage/spinach/mushroom/mozzarella quichecake
    Hang the curtains in the sewing room
    Fold and put away three loads of laundry
    Make lunch
    Make supper
    Go to the store for more celery and the stuff for an appetizer plate
  • eliezalot
    Options
    eliezalot wrote: »
    Happy weekend all!

• Finish painting the guest room (started, but not done!)
    • Bake cookies
    • Go for a run
    • Do some yoga

I was maybe over-optimistic with how far I'd get in the guest room this weekend. But, the painting is done, tape is down, and supplies mostly cleaned up. Tomorrow I'll vacuum and mop, then get to work on the assembling the bed frame. I made 2 batches of cookie dough (pumpkin spice latte cookies, and pumpkin spice cut-out cookies), and will finish them up tomorrow.
  • eliezalot
    Options
    Today:
    • Go for a run
    • Vacuum/mop guest room
    • Start assembling bed?
    • Bake at least one batch of yesterday's cookie dough