TRIMSTONES TEAM CHAT - AUGUST 2019

Options

Replies

• SaraMakingChanges
    SaraMakingChanges Posts: 178 Member
    Options

So I was thinking... how self confident am I right now? What is my mental strength? And then I realized, my mental strength right now is less than 3 pounds, because this 3 pound gain is kicking my self confidence in the *kitten*. And when I think about it, even .1 pound would have felt like defeat. So now I realize, more than ever, I am mentally weak and need to work on strengthening my mental state. I need to be less hard on myself and learn to pat myself on the back, at least as much, if not more, than I beat myself up. I need to be able to take progress, however small and in whatever form, and be proud of it, and not say in the back of my head “you could have done so much more, you failed”.

I don’t think you’ll ever catch me reciting affirmations in the bathroom mirror or anything but I think I am starting to understand how I have been sabotaging myself in the past.

This is so true. Mental health and mental endurance / strength is key to long term success. Without this we will continue to struggle. I think my mental state could use a similar adjustment.
  • Eddie__Jones
    Eddie__Jones Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Eddie__Jones
    week 4
    Wednesday
    pw 282
    cw 281
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,785 Member
    Options
    Angmarie28
    Wednesday
    Week4
    Prev. weight 153
    currend weight 154
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,104 Member
    Options
    @kmfeig87 @angmarie28 @thutchinson2210 Please post your steps for the missing cells in Week 3.

All steppers need to catch me up on your Week 4 steps. We're all busy, but if you're going to participate, PLEASE make an effort to post your steps at least every few days. Thank you! Jessica
  • SaraMakingChanges
    Options
    Had a tough day for cravings. I’m trying to get back on the wagon after eating badly for the last week or so plus I slept badly last night. Those two things combined usually lead me to have days like today where food is constantly on my mind. This is a recipe for disaster / prime time for compulsive eating to occur. But I was safely tucked away from my fridge at work most of the day and tonight I ate out with my daughter (who always wants to eat out!) and we managed to find a healthy yet satisfying dinner at a Poke bowl place which should hold me! So I squeaked under my goal! I’ll take that as a win and go to be early! 😼

Hope you’re all having a good week.

Happy hump day! 🐪
  • SaraMakingChanges
    Options
    🛌
  • Arc130
    Arc130 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    @brysonlights This is a little late, but I just saw your before and after pic. There is a noticeable difference in your size. Congrats on your 14 pound loss, too! I'm wishing I took some pics when I was at my highest weight.

I hear you on being a behavioral and emotional eater. I am learning to deal with it by keeping busy. Anything that will keep my hands busy like learning how to knit, writing, or drawing.

Please don't stress over the gain you had. It is one drop in this big journey to better health. It will be the more consistent eating and exercise habits that will win the day. We will all struggle, but if we keep telling ourselves to do better next time and don't beat ourselves up we will end up ahead.

Hugs for you!! You will lose the weight because you won't quit, right? There, I knew you will be there for the long run because you're not a quitter!

-Rose

• Arc130
    Options
    Steps

Sun, Aug 25- 10854
    Mon, Aug 26- 18157
    Tues, Aug 27- 16481
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear your son is physically okay @mulecanter. Hopefully he will learn a lesson from this little 'adventure'.
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    Steps
    8/28 10,179
  • brysonlights
    brysonlights Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    steps

8/25 22,256
    8/26 18,397
    8/27 17,018
    8/28 3,952 <SIGH!

• brysonlights
    brysonlights Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    @SaraMakingChanges and @Arc130 Just saw your messages of support also! Thank you both so much for the words of encouragement! I am trying to stage a comeback for the 2nd half of this week!
  • schlerin
    schlerin Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    8/26 = 6,559
    8/27 = 5,896
    8/28 = 1,445
    So much for dog sitting to up the step count! There was one day I got her in the harness and she refused to move. Tried walking her without the harness and she bolted after a dachshund twice, almost knocking me off my feet so we turned around and went home. Last two days I said let's go for a walk and she ran up the stairs and hid. The old one last week was easier!
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    It might be a cop out to say I don't have any willpower, but I don't. Perhaps it's because I'm sick and tired of counting...perhaps it's that things are stressful at work. I don't know...but I ate like a fiend today. Had my meals and a separate thing at each meal...was ridiculous. Gotta do better tomorrow. Over the past six months, the only thing I've been consistent with is my activity levels.
    Jessica
  • rosetigger
    rosetigger Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Steps are good today. They will be better tomorrow. I'm so tired though. The stress of working at a stressful job all day then going to hospital for 2 hours to take care of my dad then home. Trying to eat healthy and remember to do all ther other chores etc. on my to do list. School is starting soon and dance classes for my youngest. I'm relying on my spouse to cook dinners lately for my daughters and grandson. I usually eat late which is bad. I've been just making the quickest and healthiest thing I can. I'm taking a mental health day tomorrow. I'm going to go to the PNE. I hope I remember to weigh myself in the morning. Have a great Friday everyone!
  • Arc130
    Options
    @mulecanter Ouch! I'm glad your son is okay. Now he will have some "skin in the game" since he'll be partially paying for the new car. Hopefully, he'll be more careful in the future!

@brysonlights Cool, you got a new treadmill! I wish I had the space for one! It'll be nice when the weather is bad to just have one at home. Oh well! I'm glad you're getting back into the swing of things!

@schlerin Wow, I never met a dog that didn't want to walk (well, except for an old one with joint issues).

@jessicakrall8 Hugs! Oh no! :-( I hear you. I wanted to get into One-derland today with my weigh in, but I ate more food after dinner Wednesday evening and last night I had a mini-binge. Bleh! I have to stop all this eating after dinner I tend to do. My steps on the other hand have been great, probably the only thing saving me from gaining.

@rosetigger Hang in there! I'm sorry about your dad and all the stress you're under. I'm glad you're taking some time out for yourself.

Steps
    Wed, Aug 28- 23809
    Thurs, Aug 29- 14161

Friday weigh-ins
    Arc130
    PW: 201.5
    CW: 201

• jessicakrall8
    Options
    @kmfeig87 @MARNIsw Need your Thursday weigh ins please...good morning everyone and Happy Friday!! Make it a GREAT day!! Anyone have grand plans for this Labor Day weekend?!! Whatcha doin? I've planned a surprise short day trip for my three cousins...on Sunday...been giving them one clue a day every day this week. They have no idea where we're going...their guesses have been good, but none were close so far! HA! Means my planning is going well! Yay me! It should be fun and one of the stops will give us a nice walk! Hope to see ya'll post your plans! Talk to ya later! Jessica
  • kateberard
    kateberard Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Weight
    Week 4
    Friday
    PW: 189.6
    CW: 190.1
This discussion has been closed.