Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

MFP not picking up Fitbit exercises

aingea1aingea1 Posts: 3Member Member Posts: 3Member Member
I"m completely disengaged with Fitbit and MFP. Previously MFP would pick up exercise completed and logged in Fitbit. Now this is not working and has not been for some time.
When logging the exercise manually in MFP, Fitbit doubles up,
Fitbit states this is a MFP issue, while on MFP I can not locate information on the issue.

Why wont MFP no longer sync completely, as it once did, with Fitbit.

Replies

• SisterSueGetsFitSisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,038Member Member Posts: 1,038Member Member
    Mine hasn’t worked for 2 months. It’s so frustrating.
  • mbramblembramble Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    Have you tried unlinking/linking Fitbit from MFP? That worked for me.

However..... This morning I took a little 2K step walk before breakfast and have -39 calories Fitbit to MFP!
    edited August 10
  • pinkpanda13pinkpanda13 Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    I’ve tried linking and unlinking and changing accounts. NOTHING works! I can’t rid of MFP because the food tracker for Fitbit is terrible.
  • heybalesheybales Posts: 16,876Member Member Posts: 16,876Member Member
    aingea1 wrote: »
    I"m completely disengaged with Fitbit and MFP. Previously MFP would pick up exercise completed and logged in Fitbit. Now this is not working and has not been for some time.
    When logging the exercise manually in MFP, Fitbit doubles up,
    Fitbit states this is a MFP issue, while on MFP I can not locate information on the issue.

Why wont MFP no longer sync completely, as it once did, with Fitbit.

Fitbit has NEVER sent workouts to MFP. Never.

All they send is a Total Daily Burn. (and steps and weight)
    MFP does that math with that minus what it thought you'd burn minus any workouts you logged on MFP - and creates an Adjustment.

That was never a workout calories on MFP, always an adjustment - some workouts, some difference in daily activity, that's all.

And those entries on Fitbit are not doubled-up Fitbit workouts.

Fitbit is a replace-only system - the last workout in for same time and duration overwrites whatever stats it carries.

If you had a Fitbit Activity Record already for a workout at say 300 cal and your daily total was 1800 so far.

And you log a workout on MFP for same start time/duration @ 400 cal and it syncs over to Fitbit, your daily total will go up to 1900.
    Not 2200.

Even if you log another workout on Fitbit manually with a Workout Record - try it, log one manually for one that is already there, same time and duration and calorie burn. Daily calories won't change.
    Then you can delete your test Record, since it has no HR or step info in it.

There is no issue - you are merely confused about what is happened.

Read the FAQ - 1st section twice - if you like math, tackle the 2nd section.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10098937/faq-syncing-logging-food-exercise-calorie-adjustments-activity-levels-accuracy/p1