..... howz that working out for you ??

It works, but they are all old or married 🤷‍♀️

I’m like 2 years older than you sheesh

You were too subtle. I thought you just wanted to be helpful by spotting me

Nice guys finish last 🤦‍♂️

giphy.gif
  • hixa30
    hixa30 Posts: 274 Member
    I do see the irony of paying for the gym to negate the over consumption of food which we have spent money on.

But people are complicated and we don't follow rules exactly or life would feel like an emotional prison.
  • LiftingSpirits
    LiftingSpirits Posts: 2,207 Member
    Cowsfan1 wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I go to the gym to get hit on by guys

@LiftingSpirits

If they are smart 😉😉
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member

@LiftingSpirits

If they are smart 😉😉

hp2naqwum7n9.gif
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    If I couldn't work out at home, I'd always be finding excuses why I couldn't make it to a gym. Having the equipment (bench, rack, barbell, plates, adjustable dumbbells) right there in my basement makes it so much more convenient. No politics involved.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    edited August 2019

@LiftingSpirits

If they are smart 😉😉

:o:D:D:D:D:D
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    I do not pay for a gym. I used to pay for a yoga studio. it is a small business
    i used to pay for the gym but i didn't use it.
    now i work at the studio and I get paid to be there.
    Whatever money you give to the gym or studio goes to paying taxes which helps locally and federally. it goes to the gym or franchise owner. it goes to pay for staff.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    hixa30 wrote: »
    I do see the irony of paying for the gym to negate the over consumption of food which we have spent money on.

But people are complicated and we don't follow rules exactly or life would feel like an emotional prison.

That depends on what people are going to the gym for. For building strength and muscle, weightlifting is extremely time-efficient versus other activities, and completely unrelated to whether that person over-eats.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    edited August 2019

I don't exercise or go to the gym to negate over consumption of food...and I can't say that I know anyone who does...that would be weird. I exercise because it's very good for my overall health and well being, and also riding my bike is damn fun.
  • lg013
    lg013 Posts: 215 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

I don't exercise or go to the gym to negate over consumption of food...and I can't say that I know anyone who does...that would be weird. I exercise because it's very good for my overall health and well being, and also riding my bike is damn fun.

I also really enjoy exercise —and have started playing racquetball—which my gym offers. Yet another reason to pay.

I also have a really tight schedule. During the week my schedule is fully booked sans break from 4:30am-6 pm...I only have the time to work out, which I enjoy and is important to me from 6-9 pm...that’s my window. Yesterday during that time there was a thunderstorm, so I would not be able to run outside. Today, it was 101 degrees out (higher temp factoring in humidity), so I’m also happy to pay for the luxury of a better temperature...winter can also prevent outdoor activities. I live in a small home that doesn’t offer a lot of room for exercises and I like exercises that really let me move around. To pay for a dedicated space to workout during my small time frame each day is a necessity for me.