Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Stubborn love handles and back fat, help?

xaistxaist Posts: 1Member, Premium Member Posts: 1Member, Premium Member
So i lost about 12 pounds in 4 months.my exercises consist of cardio with bodyweight training. I see improvement in my chest and stomach, but my love handles/back aren't decreasing much. I'm nervous I'll look skinny with hip fat, anyone got any tips? 5'6 158 pounds atm.

Replies

• apullumapullum Posts: 3,874Member Member Posts: 3,874Member Member
    You can’t spot reduce fat.

You can add strength training that targets areas where you want to build muscle.
  • nighthawk584nighthawk584 Posts: 403Member Member Posts: 403Member Member
    xaist wrote: »
    So i lost about 12 pounds in 4 months.my exercises consist of cardio with bodyweight training. I see improvement in my chest and stomach, but my love handles/back aren't decreasing much. I'm nervous I'll look skinny with hip fat, anyone got any tips? 5'6 158 pounds atm.

it will eventually come off the leaner you get. Incorporate Crunches and Side Crunches into your routine to strengthen muscles in that area.
  • amandakesslersamandakesslers Posts: 171Member Member Posts: 171Member Member
    So there are 2 types of fat, subcutaneous fat, which is fat that you can see and pinch, like a muffin top or flab covering your abs, and visceral fat, AKA "deep belly fat" which is what causes heart disease, diabetes, and more. It is possible to target visceral fat, but it takes time and strict commitment to your diet. Are you sure that you are accurately tracking all of your food? Try using a food scale because our estimations are more than likely very off. Sleeping longer, exercising harder, and cutting out excess carbs are just a few of the ways that you can lose the rest of that fat: https://www.openfit.com/ask-the-expert-can-you-target-belly-fat