Non Scale Victories

Options

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,612 Member
    Options
    Woohoo!!!! You can come and move mine around a bit, for the fun of it !!! (I have a piano too, for extra fun :smile:
    You must be feeling pretty darned fantastic right about now!
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Good job girls on bending and moving furniture…

Laurie, I suppose you play the piano, too?….I took lessons but never did learn to play….but I did play the flute for 10 years and I was in marching and concert band!….
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,596 Member
    Options
    Awesomeness! Alexandria I've got TWO gigs for you now if you ever want any!!! :wink:
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Good job girls on bending and moving furniture…

Laurie, I suppose you play the piano, too?….I took lessons but never did learn to play….but I did play the flute for 10 years and I was in marching and concert band!….

I "want" to play the piano. I generally just move it around and dust it. Think of painting it every now and then. Perhaps when life slows down I will learn to play. ( :p )
  • pamelar25
    pamelar25 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Amazing realization @Goodgollygee.
  • Goodgollygee
    Goodgollygee Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Thanks Pamelaroman. Oh that is wonderful!!! That must feel sooo good!!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    My fabfitfun box came yesterday and with it, the 'extras' I had ordered (which I dont normally do). One of them was a light jacket (like a windbreaker type) which was available in 2 sizes a L/XL and a S/M. I knew without a doubt the L/XL would fit. The S/M was a lot bigger gamble. I can *usually* wear a medium, but the only time I can wear a small is if its vanity sized and not a small at all. So I hold off on it while I debate and by the time I go back a day or so later (having decided to err on the side of caution and get the larger size) it was, of course, sold out, and they only have the smaller size. I really do want it and decide that it will eventually fit (probably) or it will make a nice gift for someone (eventually) so go ahead and get it.

not only does it fit... there's room to spare all zipped up! Now, it IS a jacket, so its cut a bit looser than you know, a shirt would be, but even with a sweatshirt on under it, it will STILL fit properly!

So.. There's my bit of happy for the day. I will take it where I can get it. LOL
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    My daughter cleaned out a closet and put a bunch of clothes from years ago when she was in college in a box….when she went to work I dug through the box and found a REAL leather jacket ( I had bought for her! ) and 2 pair of designer jeans….well, I tried them on and they almost fit, just a little snug….I took them and put them in MY closet lol….
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    What a find, Connie! Congrats!!
  • dcshima
    dcshima Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    @NatashaLP2014 awesome feedback on C25K! Keep us posted on your progress, I have forever been intrigued with couple half hearted tries.

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    After walking six days a week for a while I started a couch to 5k program 4 weeks ago. Today I jogged for 12 minutes straight! My breathing was deep and even, my legs didn't feel weird, tight or heavy. I felt like I could just keep going forever. It was amazing.

thats awesome!!!!!!!!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    You just bend over and shake that skinny booty while you still have it to shake, Bella!
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,769 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    You just bend over and shake that skinny booty while you still have it to shake, Bella!

@lauriekallis, you misunderstood the nature of my NSV! I don't give a monkey's who eyes up my booty, my phobia of bending is just because I CAN'T BEND! My big belly and boobs, combined with a stiff spine and tight hamstrings, make picking things off the floor a nightmare, especially flat things like credit cards or pieces of paper. Picking things up usually entails kneeling, then struggling to get back onto my feet like an overturned beetle. For years I've dreaded dropping anything in public because of the indignity of having to struggle to do something that for many people is easy and effortless.

So to bend over and pick up a credit card and two coins - without even being conscious I was doing it - is a huge NSV for me.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Sorry, Bella - I wasn't clear. I absolutely understood the nature of your NSV. But thought that now that you can, you should...and then just got silly. :)