The Chase to 200 lbs

I had my second heart Ablation in May. Dr. said i need to be under 200 lbs. walked over 98K steps in my first month only lost 5 lbs. looking for success stories and want to communicate with those who think they are in y same situation.

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,950 Member
    Have you figured out how many calories you should be consuming? How are you tracking your food to ensure that you keep to that limit?
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,979 Member
    What is your current weight? I was 280, pre-diabetic and high blood pressure . I went pretty agressive the first few months losing several pounds a week (but I was pretty obese). I am down 64 now and am currently losing around 1.5 lbs a week. My goal is 180 or 100 lbs lost...good luck!
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,970 Member
    edited August 2019
    Welcome to the community! <3

If you haven't already, read the stickies at the top of the getting started forum. Very informative and helpful.

I had a cardiac ablation a few years ago. I'm also a type 1 adult onset diabetic. Eating a pescatarian diet which is plant based with seafood, eggs and some dairy, I got off insulin. My recent bloodwork results showed normal range on all.

Good luck with your journey!
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,567 Member
    I dropped 140 pounds over a year and a half. In my experience, getting food right is going to be the biggest factor in weight loss. For me, that started with paying attention to what I ate, then logging it all, becoming rigorous about weighing, and eventually adjusting what I ate (everyone's body is different, and for me, some changes in foods eaten made a difference; your mileage may vary).

Getting lots of social support was super helpful as well. If you'd like to be part of a very active conversation, I am in a challenge group that offers that:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114605-fat-2-fit-weight-loss-challenge-and-support-group

Good luck!