Keto

Hi! I am looking for all the help I can get for Keto. Just a special quickie for a cruise in a couple of months then wean off to a more suitable diet. ANY input is appreciated.

Replies

• Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    edited August 2019
    You can look into the Keto group and the low Carber Daily Forum group on here.

They have active discussions and recipes.

I've been eating keto for just over two months, love it. I will never go back to eating breads and potatoes, etc.

Suggest joining the groups.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    edited August 2019
    LeslieWhip wrote: »
    Hi! I am looking for all the help I can get for Keto. Just a special quickie for a cruise in a couple of months then wean off to a more suitable diet. ANY input is appreciated.

Why would you choose keto for a couple of months?

Why don't you just eat foods you love, stay at a calorie deficit and lose weight?

The idea is to choose a way of eating that will be sustainable.

If you haven't already, read the stickies at the top of the getting started forum. Very informative and helpful.
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    LeslieWhip wrote: »

Why would you choose keto for a couple of months?

Why don't you just eat foods you love, stay at a calorie deficit and lose weight?

The idea is to choose a way of eating that will be sustainable.

If you haven't already, read the stickies at the top of the getting started forum. Very informative and helpful.

I was wondering that too! Why start a diet you don't think will be sustainable?

Everyone is different. For me, Keto is sustainable, but I was never a big sweets eater and don't mind losing potatoes and breads (they cause some stomach distress for me). I started for medical purposes.

But I wouldn't start keto to only plan on switching in a few months. The problem with the low carb diets for weightloss (not medical purposes) is when carbs are reintroduced, weight can come back (usually more weight than what was started at) at an alarming rate.