Trying to loose a stone fast "help" ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿฝ

Hey guys & girls I've just joined so far seems really intriguing . I need some help and support to loose a stone fast . Any tips ???.... :p

Replies

• 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    14 lbs? Why are you in a hurry? What is MFP recommending you do?

I know an athlete who easily can lose many lbs in water weight running up a mountain on a super hot day or consciously if he had to make weight for something .

Alternatively, regularity achieves a ๐Ÿ‘‡of about 2-5 lbs scale weight post bowel movement.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,970 Member
    Welcome to the community! <3

If you haven't already, read the stickies at the top of the getting started forum. Very informative and helpful.

Fast weight loss is not permanent weight loss and is not recommended unless you are morbidly obese. What's the rush?

Good luck with your journey!
  • Ssim1971
    Ssim1971 Posts: 8 Member
    Fast weight loss? I've just lost 14 kgs over 5 weeks, under doctor's supervision. I had BMI of 40 (morbidly obese), and needed to lose weight for surgery. As it turned out, the surgery ended up being a little more complex, and I'm glad I made the effort.

We just made simple mods to my diet - limiting processed food, removing additional sugars, drinking more water, and working towards 1200-1400 calories. I log *everything* except for my water intake. I am very sedentary, so slowly introducing exercise as I recover from surgery.

Now that I've had surgery, I have another 2 weeks on 1200-1400 and then will taper up under supervision.

Now my goal is to lose 40 kgs over the next 12 months, which is more sustainable. I am factoring in setbacks, so if I get within 10 kgs of that goal, I'll still be in a far better health space than right now.

Please take care.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,023 Member
    Hey guys & girls I've just joined so far seems really intriguing . I need some help and support to loose a stone fast . Any tips ???.... :p

If you only have 15 lbs to lose to get to a healthy weight, you really can't lose weight fast in a healthy manner. One lb per week is reallythe most you can do without under eating or over exercising and risking hurting yourself.

Set your goal to no more than 1 lb per week, log accurately and consistently, and move more, however you can. Weight loss is a numbers game.

Read the sexypants thread linked above and good luck!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Work on creating habits that help you live at a comfortable and healthy weight. Time is an illusion.