What food(s) is the key to your success?

Replies

• da1128
    da1128 Posts: 212 Member
    Fruits and Veggies.
    Edy's Coconut Waters With Pineapple frozen bars. (60 calories)
    Bacon & Jalapeno Pizza in moderation, so I don't feel deprived and stuff my guts with other delights.
  • sarahisfocused
    sarahisfocused Posts: 11 Member
    >luna lemon zest nutrition bars 180 calories of pure bliss, great for a post work out snack or light breakfast at work.
    >lowfat greek vanilla yogurt parfait w/ granola and fruit, simply amazing, I treat myself to this as a late night snack or even breakfast.
    >Poland spring sparkling water (lemon), if you add in a flavored tea bag-- you get the satisfaction of soda with 0 calories & 0 sugar.
  • jeannemarie333
    jeannemarie333 Posts: 214 Member
    Sugar free jello made with cut up fresh fruit and non fat whipped cream on top for a delicious dessert :) I used to be a huge ice cream fanatic, so this is a pretty big change :)
  • StheK
    StheK Posts: 443 Member
    Loma Linda vegan hot dogs. And sandwich thins. And pretty much anything pickled.
  • welly5
    welly5 Posts: 293 Member
    1. eggs
    2. peanut butter
    3. Brown rice (we cook a lot of chinese food and switching to brown rice added extra fiber)
  • Daisey4522
    Daisey4522 Posts: 171 Member
    I forgot to add a couple of more foods that I have every week:

4. Better'N Peanutbutter (half the calories of regular peanut butter) I usually put it on a piece of 40 calorie Nature's Own Bread for breakfast.
    5. Trader Joe's Sushi - I buy a back and have one piece at a time when I'm feeling really hungry. The rice really seems to sooth my stomach and is only about 40 calories per piece.
  • ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    got to read all these! bump
  • SKME2013
    SKME2013 Posts: 704 Member
    Spinach smoothies
    Greek yoghurt
    Blueberries
  • bheili
    bheili Posts: 4 Member
    Eggs and whole grain English muffins sometimes made into a breakfast sandwich with a little turkey and Swiss cheese.

I also curb my pizza cravings by making a personal pizza on a tortilla.

Dark chocolate chips with peppermint tea. Mmmm... So much comfort in an 80 calorie snack.
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    As long as what I'm eating doesn't read as diet food, I'm happy. So key has been heavy whipping cream, butter, breadings, and corn dogs. I had a similar thing happen the last time I decided it was time to offload another bunch of weight, where portioned tasty rubbish made it work for me.
  • shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    I am on a roasted/baked vegetable kick so any vegetables are big for me right now

breakfast is usually a carrot/egg with pumpkin pie spice mix in the cast iron pan - so it comes out kind of like a pancake

Lunch/Dinner included roasted broccoli/eggplant/brussel sprouts/radishes/tomatoes with some rosemary garlic seasoning baked at 400 for 30 minutes

for salads I generally use the Walden farms no calorie/no sugar salad dressings, which I occasionally use to marinate meats with as well - at least the vinagrette ones
  • Sonicz90x
    Sonicz90x Posts: 40 Member
    Regular baked white potatoes. Extremely satiating, nutrient dense, and tasty. I usually have 2-3 a week cutting, and probably one close to every day bulking.
  • sanderdejonge
    sanderdejonge Posts: 415 Member
    Oatmeal, cacao powder, greek yoghurt, fruit, pasta's & fish. And chicken of course!
  • dianastepheny
    dianastepheny Posts: 648 Member
    When I'm craving salty and sweet, I get a 100 calorie pack of Bachmann Pretzel sticks and alternate it with bites of 6
    Mariani California pitted dates (120 cal). It's not a cheap snack caloriewise, but I find it highly satisfying.
  • *Cocoa powder (fiber + flavor)
    *PB2, OMG I use this on everything
    *Pb, sunflower seed butter, nut butters in general (Justins, PB&Co)
    *Liquid egg whites,
    *chicken breast
    *Cauliflower
    *Cinnamon, must cinnamize everything multiple times

But hands down, couldn't live with/out
    *Black coffee, thank the lord for k-cups lol
    *Chocolate, Lindt is amazing 85/90% and the sea salt
    *Fage 0% greek yogurt (1 cup everyday almost)
    *MRS. DASH!
    *protein powder, I collect the flavors haha
    *Quest and Rise protein bars, never skip a workout
  • katieC1983
    katieC1983 Posts: 13 Member
    Butternut Squash! Great replacement for potato, I find.....roasted, baked, mashed....in soups, salads, roast dinners, as a 'chips' replacement.... I love the stuff! :)
  • charli0329
    charli0329 Posts: 16 Member
    For me any kind of yogurt doesn't fill me up. It's healthy and delist but an hour later I'm hungry
  • gaylelynnbell
    gaylelynnbell Posts: 248 Member
    Pace Picante Sauce or fresh pico de gallo. Love it on meats, eggs or just wrapped in a tortilla by itself. Spicy foods keep my sweet tooth at bay.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    pizza. if i have like, two slices of pizza a week, i can pretty much do anything.
  • tnkitty
    tnkitty Posts: 78 Member
    I try to have a green smoothie a few times a week. They make me feel great!

2 cups raw kale leaves (remove from stem)
    2 cups raw or frozen spinach
    1 1/2 cups Simply Apple Juice
    1/2 cup frozen mango
    1/2 peeled lemon

Run through blender on smoothie setting once, then add about 1 cup of ice and run through again. This makes enough for 2 servings @ 137 calories each.