C25K. Does it really work?

Options
2»

Replies

• Claire5520
    Claire5520 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'm a runner; I started in 2010 with the C25k programme on my phone. I remember willing that timer to end on the run sections, and celebrating the first time I ran 20 minutes without stopping. I now run regularly, have a few marathons under my belt, and ran a 5k in 22:45 last week. C25k absolutely works, you just have to persevere with it; getting your cardio fitness is not pleasant, but once you've got it, you won't want to let it go :-) :-)
  • durhammfp
    durhammfp Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I am over 50 years old and struggled to run 60 seconds at the beginning. I am now a regular runner working on training for a 10k...
    3. Run SLOWLY in the run segments. REALLY SLOWLY. It takes time to build up endurance. And too fast too soon is a common way to get injured and sidelined for new runners. The goal is completion not speed.

Thanks for posting this. It is just what I needed to hear. I am over 50 and just finished W1D1 this morning. It was tough. I have a good walking base, too. For about 18 months now I have been walking about 5 miles a day, 7 days a week, outside, with a lot of it brisk walking.

Also, I intentionally got my BMI down from 29 to 23 before I decided to start running. And still, jogging this morning was a challenge.

I need to remember to jog slowly. I'm not in a race here.

Thanks again!