Less Alcohol - SEPTEMBER 2019 - One Day at a Time

Replies

• fitand50inSD
    fitand50inSD Posts: 166 Member
    My plan is to have more AF days than drinking days each month. I will need to build up several in a row for September since I am starting my tracking on the 7th.

9/07 - AF
    9/08 - AF
    9/09 - AF
    9/10 - AF
    9/11 - 2 bottles Michelob Ultra
    9/12 - AF
    9/13 - 2 vodka/soda
    9/14 - 1 Mich Ultra, 2/3 bottle of red wine, and an after dinner bourbon.
    9/15 - AF
    9/16 - AF
    9/17 - AF
    9/18 - AF
    9/19 - 2 drinks
    9/20 - AF
    9/21 - 9 oz red wine. 2 oz vodka.
    9/22 - AF
    9/23 - AF

Tally AF (Starting 9/7/19) - 12 of 17 days. So happy with how well this is going!

Thank you all for keeping me accountable!
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,582 Member
    Sept 22 - AF - I leave for Spokane tomorrow, then fly out of there to Dallas the next morning. I am not sure how I will do while away, but I don't plan on limiting myself too much. Definitely going to try Texas bbq! I have never had Brisket. I will be happy if I can accomplish 18 AF days for the month, so shooting for that. I will be checking in for sure.

Running total: 13 AF days out of 22 days so far
    You will LOVE brisket! Especially BBQ brisket. Served in Texas. Oh man I am jealous! Enjoy your trip!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,515 Member
    edited September 2019
    As usual, I am going to work on 4-5 AF days per week.
    I managed 18AF days out of 31 for August somehow.
    I am going away the last week of September and first week of October, and I will be in a bathing suit every day, so am wanting to rack up lots of AF days before that.

September 01 - Sunday 5 drinks! (Saturday between 1pm and 1am at the music festival I had 7 drinks and didn't even throw up strangely). Drinks 2 days in a row is such a no-no, it makes it become normal to have drinks on the 3rd day 4th day etc. But I won't.
    September 02 - AF
    September 03 - AF - my "scheduled" day to have drinks, but there is ice skating at one of the arenas tomorrow and I haven't skated since April, so, well, I don't want to have a hangover or anything and fall and break my head : - P
    September 04 - AF - I was invited over to a friend's house for some wine, but declined. Skating was exhilarating today, even though it took me a few times around to get comfortable. Definitely didn't want to wreck the added calorie burn by having drinks.
    September 05 - 3 drinks. Feeling so much different than yesterday. My second sleepless night this week and a stressful workday coupled with Anxiety that I just couldn't seem to meditate away even though I ran (drove) to the lake after work for a float under a cloudless clear blue sky with sparkling glass-like water and some deep breaths. Sleep deprivation is crappy. I realize that booze probably doesn't help Anxiety, but it has somehow tonight numbed me and relaxed me. Still using booze as a crutch I guess, although I tried other things first. Not going to beat myself up. Us humans can be so fragile! If only I could skate every day... : - )
    September 06 - AF
    September 07 - AF - I didn't intend to be, but I burned over 1100 calories through exercise and didn't want that to be wasted, so stayed AF
    September 08 - 3 drinks - next planned drinks, Tuesday
    September 09 - AF
    September 10 - 3 drinks Tuesday. I didn't have enough to eat I guess and really felt it, thought that I was going to puke but didn't. I drank a lot of water after the drinks, so actually feel okay now. Time to rack up some more AF days.
    September 11 - AF - Skated today, but with having drinks last night I didn't really feel that steady.
    September 12 - 2 drinks, just couldn't have the 3rd which is unusual for me. Too tired to even make a 3rd drink. Long workday today, I must say that it was nice to have a couple of cocktails. Off to bed early.
    September 13 - 2 drinks + an AF beer. Really, I never drink beer, but am glad that I bought that 6-pack of Labbatt AF to put in the fridge. I think that I have had 2 of them now. I wanted one more drink but didn't really feel like having more alcohol, and definitely did not want water. Broke the "never have drinks 2 days in a row" thing. But also didn't have my 3rd drink 2 days in a row. Faulty thinking, but whatever. 2 weeks of barely any sleep, have a hard time shutting off my brain even though my body is super tired. Maybe my discipline goes out the window, although I have been low on calories. Perhaps I will make the 4 AF days per week this week, maintained the 5 AF days for the week last week. Weekend, no big pressing events to look good or feel sharp. Just need to continue to work on harvesting and processing my garden tomorrow.
    September 14 - AF - Felt like having drinks, but didn't.
    September 15 - 3 drinks. no reason to have drinks really, just did. I have had 2 glasses of water since. I have had a couple of weeks of sleep deprivation, not that it is an excuse, but the few days that I was able to actually fall asleep were days where I had alcohol. I hope to do well when I am in Dallas for 2 weeks. I had tentatively booked an all-inclusive (much cheaper than Dallas) but I struggle so much with my weight loss and putting in some AF days every week that I knew that the all-inclusive option was only going to be setting me up for failure. Not that I will never do an all-inclusive again, but maybe after another 20 pounds down on the scale. Anyone here live in Dallas btw? Or have been to Dallas and know some great places to visit? There are 8 arenas with public skating 2-3 times per day 7 days a week, so y'all know that I will be ice skating every day (packing my skates in my suitcase since rental skates don't make me skate my best, and people hear that you are from Canada and expect you to be steady on your blades). I would be tickled pink if someone is from the area and wants to skate with me : - )
    September 16 - AF
    September 17 - Tuesday. 3 drinks over quite a space of time. I was one and a half drinks in when a friend that lives far away called me, so I put that drink in the freezer lol. Talked for 2 hours, then made something to eat and had the rest of that one and another one. My Tuesdays really are too much. I worked 14 hours, and it was stressful. Still using booze as a sedative from time to time. So far not every Tuesday, but I have sort of designated Tuesdays as the days that I will have a few drinks.
    September 18 - AF
    September 19 - AF - that was a tough long day then a friend came by to take me out for an early birthday drink, but I declined. Bonus skating in the morning that I don't want to be wobbly for, and planned drinks tomorrow.
    September 20 - Martini, champagne, 3 other drinks.
    Sept 21 - AF
    Sept 22 - AF - I leave for Spokane tomorrow, then fly out of there to Dallas the next morning. I am not sure how I will do while away, but I don't plan on limiting myself too much. Definitely going to try Texas bbq! I have never had Brisket. I will be happy if I can accomplish 18 AF days for the month, so shooting for that. I will be checking in for sure.
    September 23 - AF - in Spokane, flying out to Dallas in the morning 24th.

Running total: 14 AF days out of 23 days so far
  • Womona
    @globalhiker good luck with your new eating plan!!! Hopefully you’ll be able to re-introduce some foods in the future. Inflammation wreaks havoc on our bodies, so I hope you get the results your doc is looking for.

Isn’t it awesome to not crave wine anymore????
  • Womona
    @anglilacs wow that is really impressive! Congrats on sticking to the seltzer instead of a drink! Especially in that environment after a bad day.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    I am going away the last week of September and first week of October, and I will be in a bathing suit every day, so am wanting to rack up lots of AF days before that.

September 01 - Sunday 5 drinks! (Saturday between 1pm and 1am at the music festival I had 7 drinks and didn't even throw up strangely). Drinks 2 days in a row is such a no-no, it makes it become normal to have drinks on the 3rd day 4th day etc. But I won't.
    September 02 - AF
    September 03 - AF - my "scheduled" day to have drinks, but there is ice skating at one of the arenas tomorrow and I haven't skated since April, so, well, I don't want to have a hangover or anything and fall and break my head : - P
    September 04 - AF - I was invited over to a friend's house for some wine, but declined. Skating was exhilarating today, even though it took me a few times around to get comfortable. Definitely didn't want to wreck the added calorie burn by having drinks.
    September 05 - 3 drinks. Feeling so much different than yesterday. My second sleepless night this week and a stressful workday coupled with Anxiety that I just couldn't seem to meditate away even though I ran (drove) to the lake after work for a float under a cloudless clear blue sky with sparkling glass-like water and some deep breaths. Sleep deprivation is crappy. I realize that booze probably doesn't help Anxiety, but it has somehow tonight numbed me and relaxed me. Still using booze as a crutch I guess, although I tried other things first. Not going to beat myself up. Us humans can be so fragile! If only I could skate every day... : - )
    September 06 - AF
    September 07 - AF - I didn't intend to be, but I burned over 1100 calories through exercise and didn't want that to be wasted, so stayed AF
    September 09 - AF
    September 10 - 3 drinks Tuesday. I didn't have enough to eat I guess and really felt it, thought that I was going to puke but didn't. I drank a lot of water after the drinks, so actually feel okay now. Time to rack up some more AF days.
    September 11 - AF - Skated today, but with having drinks last night I didn't really feel that steady.
    September 12 - 2 drinks, just couldn't have the 3rd which is unusual for me. Too tired to even make a 3rd drink. Long workday today, I must say that it was nice to have a couple of cocktails. Off to bed early.
    September 13 - 2 drinks + an AF beer. Really, I never drink beer, but am glad that I bought that 6-pack of Labbatt AF to put in the fridge. I think that I have had 2 of them now. I wanted one more drink but didn't really feel like having more alcohol, and definitely did not want water. Broke the "never have drinks 2 days in a row" thing. But also didn't have my 3rd drink 2 days in a row. Faulty thinking, but whatever. 2 weeks of barely any sleep, have a hard time shutting off my brain even though my body is super tired. Maybe my discipline goes out the window, although I have been low on calories. Perhaps I will make the 4 AF days per week this week, maintained the 5 AF days for the week last week. Weekend, no big pressing events to look good or feel sharp. Just need to continue to work on harvesting and processing my garden tomorrow.
    September 15 - 3 drinks. no reason to have drinks really, just did. I have had 2 glasses of water since. I have had a couple of weeks of sleep deprivation, not that it is an excuse, but the few days that I was able to actually fall asleep were days where I had alcohol. I hope to do well when I am in Dallas for 2 weeks. I had tentatively booked an all-inclusive (much cheaper than Dallas) but I struggle so much with my weight loss and putting in some AF days every week that I knew that the all-inclusive option was only going to be setting me up for failure. Not that I will never do an all-inclusive again, but maybe after another 20 pounds down on the scale. Anyone here live in Dallas btw? Or have been to Dallas and know some great places to visit? There are 8 arenas with public skating 2-3 times per day 7 days a week, so y'all know that I will be ice skating every day (packing my skates in my suitcase since rental skates don't make me skate my best, and people hear that you are from Canada and expect you to be steady on your blades). I would be tickled pink if someone is from the area and wants to skate with me : - )
    September 16 - AF
    September 17 - Tuesday. 3 drinks over quite a space of time. I was one and a half drinks in when a friend that lives far away called me, so I put that drink in the freezer lol. Talked for 2 hours, then made something to eat and had the rest of that one and another one. My Tuesdays really are too much. I worked 14 hours, and it was stressful. Still using booze as a sedative from time to time. So far not every Tuesday, but I have sort of designated Tuesdays as the days that I will have a few drinks.
    September 18 - AF
    September 19 - AF - that was a tough long day then a friend came by to take me out for an early birthday drink, but I declined. Bonus skating in the morning that I don't want to be wobbly for, and planned drinks tomorrow.
    Sept 21 - AF
    September 24 - 1/2 bottle of wine (2 6oz glasses). Very long traveling day, hardly any food, got lost in Dallas trying to find my motel...got there, went to the grocery store for some food and wine. Now I have a half bottle sitting there.

Running total: 14 AF days out of 24 days so far
  • dawnbgethealthy

September 02 - AF
    September 06 - AF
    September 09 - AF
    September 16 - AF
    September 18 - AF
    Sept 21 - AF
    September 24 - 1/2 bottle of wine (2 6oz glasses). Very long traveling day, hardly any food, got lost in Dallas trying to find my motel...got there, went to the grocery store for some food and wine. Now I have a half bottle sitting there.

Running total: 14 AF days out of 24 days so far
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Argh, that went in twice, sorry
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,511 Member
    Thanks for your support Womona and Whitpauly!....and Dawn I hope you have a good trip over there...sounds like you will have fun and easier days will come your way now that the travel part is over.
  • anglilacs
    anglilacs Posts: 165 Member
    Womona wrote: »
    @anglilacs wow that is really impressive! Congrats on sticking to the seltzer instead of a drink! Especially in that environment after a bad day.

Thank you! It was hard but I was so glad when I woke up this morning.