Replies

• gzbrambila
    gzbrambila Posts: 6 Member
    9/1-9/27 = 0
    9/28 = 2
    9/29 = 2
  • fitand50inSD
    fitand50inSD Posts: 166 Member
    My plan is to have more AF days than drinking days each month. I will need to build up several in a row for September since I am starting my tracking on the 7th.

9/07 - AF
    9/08 - AF
    9/09 - AF
    9/10 - AF
    9/11 - 2 bottles Michelob Ultra
    9/12 - AF
    9/13 - 2 vodka/soda
    9/14 - 1 Mich Ultra, 2/3 bottle of red wine, and an after dinner bourbon.
    9/15 - AF
    9/16 - AF
    9/17 - AF
    9/18 - AF
    9/19 - 2 drinks
    9/20 - AF
    9/21 - 9 oz red wine. 2 oz vodka.
    9/22 - AF
    9/23 - AF
    9/24 - 2 drinks
    9/25 - AF
    9/26 - 1 Michelob Ultra
    9/27 - AF
    9/28 - AF

Tally AF (Starting 9/7/19) - 15 of 22 days.

Looking forward to trying a Sober October.
  • fitand50inSD
    fitand50inSD Posts: 166 Member
    Just realized I was off a day!

My plan is to have more AF days than drinking days each month. I will need to build up several in a row for September since I am starting my tracking on the 7th.

9/07 - AF
    9/08 - AF
    9/09 - AF
    9/10 - AF
    9/12 - AF
    9/13 - 2 vodka/soda
    9/15 - AF
    9/16 - AF
    9/17 - AF
    9/18 - AF
    9/19 - 2 drinks
    9/20 - AF
    9/22 - AF
    9/23 - AF
    9/24 - 2 drinks
    9/25 - AF
    9/26 - 1 drink
    9/27 - 1 Michelob Ultra
    9/28 - AF
    9/29 - AF
    Tally AF (Starting 9/7/19) - 15 of 23 days.

• MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,547 Member
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    I read all of your replies to everything but I don't know how to individually respond. I do agree/relate/understand about replacing a better activity with another maybe not so great one. Several years ago, I stopped drinking for five years. Weight loss wasn't a goal, only goal was to stop drinking, and I replaced that behavior sign eating ice cream every night and I did gain weight...

Anyway, then I lost that little bit of weight and replaced the ice cream behavior with studying, then exercise...and so forth. I should try cleaning every time I thought about a drink; my house would be immaculate.

Hey there @LoveyChar. That is pretty normal when we cut back or stop drinking. Our body craves the sugar that is in booze and we tend to go for sweets. Not always though....some people just crave more food calories because they did not realize they had just cut back on several hundred by not drinking as much.

To respond to someone individually you can:
    start with the @ sign and then type in their username (no spaces) OR click on the word quote at the bottom of their post. It will bring up their entire post. Make sure to start responding to it below the post. You can then click on preview to check how it looks before sending it. Also if there is a long post and you only want to highlight some of their comments you can erase within their original. This is tricky as you have to be careful not to erase the quotations or the username with their given code.

And yes that is why we are all here to help drink LESS. 😉
  • MissMay
    gzbrambila wrote: »
    9/1-9/27 = 0
    9/28 = 2
    9/29 = 2
    Hope your happy with your tally for Sept. Looks like you have had your mind set on being AF.
  • MissMay
    Just realized I was off a day!

9/07 - AF
    9/08 - AF
    9/09 - AF
    9/10 - AF
    9/12 - AF
    9/13 - 2 vodka/soda
    9/15 - AF
    9/16 - AF
    9/17 - AF
    9/18 - AF
    9/19 - 2 drinks
    9/20 - AF
    9/22 - AF
    9/23 - AF
    9/24 - 2 drinks
    9/25 - AF
    9/26 - 1 drink
    9/27 - 1 Michelob Ultra
    9/28 - AF
    9/29 - AF
    Tally AF (Starting 9/7/19) - 15 of 23 days.

Your making your goal! More AF days than not. You have it won by 4 days so far. YAY.

• MissMay
    Womona wrote: »
    Fun time at my kids college family weekend! Ate more than I normally do, but the scale this morning is better than horribly expected. Whew! As for drinking, just one Friday night, 1.5 on Saturday, nothing at brunch but a glass at dinner yesterday. So I’m proud of myself.

Hubby wants to “do something radical for himself” and do Sober October! He said “don’t worry, I’m not going to ask you to do this with me” and I was like “Dude, I’ve already cut back so much, I’m way ahead of you here!”

I absolutely love this post @Womona. Tell "Dude" we are rooting for him! Nice job!
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,596 Member
    OMG, this!
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,596 Member
    I'm now fully sold on 100% pure cranberry juice mixed with mostly water and ice. It's my new wine replacement and it works. Since I've had to ditch diet soda and all my alcohol replacement goodies (ice cream and chocolates)...I discovered cranberry juice. Google cranberry juice benefits and you will see how good it is for us....

100% Cranberry juice is also my go-to! At home I mix with Pellegrino, out its with seltzer. Always in a fancy glass! It absolutely works as a great alcohol replacement!!!
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    MissMay wrote: »
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    I read all of your replies to everything but I don't know how to individually respond. I do agree/relate/understand about replacing a better activity with another maybe not so great one. Several years ago, I stopped drinking for five years. Weight loss wasn't a goal, only goal was to stop drinking, and I replaced that behavior sign eating ice cream every night and I did gain weight...

Anyway, then I lost that little bit of weight and replaced the ice cream behavior with studying, then exercise...and so forth. I should try cleaning every time I thought about a drink; my house would be immaculate.

Hey there @LoveyChar. That is pretty normal when we cut back or stop drinking. Our body craves the sugar that is in booze and we tend to go for sweets. Not always though....some people just crave more food calories because they did not realize they had just cut back on several hundred by not drinking as much.

To respond to someone individually you can:
    start with the @ sign and then type in their username (no spaces) OR click on the word quote at the bottom of their post. It will bring up their entire post. Make sure to start responding to it below the post. You can then click on preview to check how it looks before sending it. Also if there is a long post and you only want to highlight some of their comments you can erase within their original. This is tricky as you have to be careful not to erase the quotations or the username with their given code.

And yes that is why we are all here to help drink LESS. 😉

Thank you Miss May! I can communicate and respond individually now! Yessssss, it's the little things...❤️💚💛!!!
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,517 Member
    I'm joining in for Oct. Now I really don't drink anymore except for special social events or a restaurant dinner outing. I have my first one challenge up this weekend- I fly to Vegas, drinking capital of the world. There for a family reunion. All power drinkers. Family eats and drinks together and the drinking continues after the dinner meal. There is strong pressure to participate. You know what kind of high pressure situation I'm talking about. They buy good wine, pour it for you and put it under your nose. If you say no thank you, they chase you around saying "you have to try it". Then it's followed by a road trip with more family, children (and their drinking parents). I can't run away from this one. Will take some careful planning. I am ok to drink 1-2 nights out of the whole week but not more. Need an action plan.
  • MissMay
    I've realized a few things thisIt's like the devil on my own shoulder just starts shouting louder than the angel on my other. Devil's name is Sabotage.

😈 ~vs~ 😇
    So great to see you in here again @mainelylisa. Just thought you were to busy with life to post. Now we know better. Lol.
    Give that Devil a flick with your finger if he shouts to loud, you want to keep that Angel happy. See you on Oct thread!!!