Why do you exist?

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    PWHF wrote: »
    Is this a why, how, or for what purpose question?

Yes it's essentially a 'what's your life purpose' question.
    Gotcha

The bigger question is for theologians and philosophers and they never have any definitive answers and when they pretend to they’re scary AF and it’s still too early in the day for that.

I’ll try to answer in the narrow sense which is still too damn big for a forum conversation with no mood lighting and no beer.

I feel like my talents and tastes intersect at Recognizing the gifts of others and encouraging them to use them.

This sounds kind of sweet when I phrase it like that but really it runs the gamut from subtly tricksy to nagging.

I hate waste. Wasted food, talent, resources. If I see you have good things going to waste in your life and if I care about you at all, I will poke you.

That sounds like a lot of potential poking given the amount of waste there is around.

It is. And it’s frustrating sometimes.

For the business plan exercise I’d be more specific. Something like, “Enriching lives through art and education.” Or “Bringing practical solutions to blah blah blah through the use of yada yada yada.” I think it’s about tying the specific business to a bigger meaning even if it sounds a little like BS

I think that's key though. So many people (myself included) have started businesses that failed because they were in the wrong business or doing it for the wrong reasons.

Yes, I see that. It does feel like mumbo jumbo sometimes though. Also company mission statements often have me rolling my eyes. They’re just such a stretch.

My personal mission statement contains a lot of words.

Most of them with only four letters.
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    If you ask my parents, I was a "bonus" aka a mistake :laugh:

If you ask my cat, she will tell you I exist just to feed her, which isn't far from the truth.
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    SwannySez wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I’m here to serve!

.... tacos to myself

Do you thank yourself for your service?

More than I care to admit...

Just don't waste any or you might get poked!

God gets quite irate.

onan?

They'll be made to answer.
  • _Captivated_
    _Captivated_ Posts: 5,669 Member
    To clean up cat puke I guess...
  • MoxyLeigh
    MoxyLeigh Posts: 433 Member
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    I wasn’t expecting an existential crisis for breakfast

Does it have to be a crisis?

Are you trying to make it worse?
  • 50shadesofmeh
    50shadesofmeh Posts: 43 Member
    To learn the meaning of unconditional love.

A horoscope book told me so.
  • RunDesprate
    RunDesprate Posts: 63 Member
    To learn the meaning of unconditional love.

A horoscope book told me so.

I got you
    https://youtu.be/UxYvICy29Pg
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    I exist because I am a miracle, as I believe we all are. People are always waiting for a miracle to happen. They pray hard, put rabbit's foots on their keychain, and even sing songs about it. (I see you Mike & The Mechanics)
    But look down at your feet. Wiggle your toes. Now realize you're standing on the heaven that is Earth. (man I'm going to hell if someone reading this doesn't have feet)
    To simply be a human being on Earth is the greatest miracle of all. It is perfection.
    Don't you *kitten* forget it.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    kam26001 wrote: »
    I exist because I am a miracle, as I believe we all are. People are always waiting for a miracle to happen. They pray hard, put rabbit's foots on their keychain, and even sing songs about it. (I see you Mike & The Mechanics)
    But look down at your feet. Wiggle your toes. Now realize you're standing on the heaven that is Earth. (man I'm going to hell if someone reading this doesn't have feet)
    To simply be a human being on Earth is the greatest miracle of all. It is perfection.
    Don't you *kitten* forget it.

chills...You are so right...well spoken!
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    I'm here to Dance, be a Mama, a Soulmate (to some lucky guy) 😉 and to share my faith & compassion with others....in other words, I'm here to LOVE! 💞😊
  • MoxyLeigh
    MoxyLeigh Posts: 433 Member
    I’m here to learn
  • hixa30
    hixa30 Posts: 274 Member
    Why was a born on this planet and not another at the other side of the universe?
  • PWHF
    PWHF Posts: 221 Member
    hixa30 wrote: »
    Why was a born on this planet and not another at the other side of the universe?

Yes - this specific planet
  • isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member
    To be kind
  • PWHF
    PWHF Posts: 221 Member
    To be kind

To animals? Or people as well?
  • isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member
    To be kind

To animals? Or people as well?

Of annoying...kind of annoying ...to both
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Feather baby mom. 🦜
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    edited August 2019
    I don't , Im fairly certain Im imagingary or an hallucination.
    A dream to some a nightmare to others 😁