• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    PWHF wrote: »
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    high voltage

Great song though

One of my favs - almost up there with 'riff raff' (the live version) which is my new favorite thing when I sit down to play guitar.

Confession:

I didn’t know there was a song called high voltage by ac/dc 😬

I was referring to eagles of death metal 😌

ha! - I didn't know there was one by eagles of death metal. Just as well they are not an actual death metal band because to know a death metal band and not be familiar with ac/dc would be a real confession...

I like death metal but I don't like AC/DC and don't think they are even close to real death metal.
  • PWHF
    PWHF Posts: 221 Member
    cee134 wrote: »
    high voltage

Great song though

One of my favs - almost up there with 'riff raff' (the live version) which is my new favorite thing when I sit down to play guitar.

Confession:

ha! - I didn't know there was one by eagles of death metal. Just as well they are not an actual death metal band because to know a death metal band and not be familiar with ac/dc would be a real confession...

I like death metal but I don't like AC/DC and don't think they are even close to real death metal.

They're not at all death metal
  • cee134
    high voltage

Great song though

Confession:

Ok, I was scared for a minute.
  • PWHF
    high voltage

Great song though

Confession:

'Metal' is a broad genre with many niches - from what I see the eagles of death metal aren't in any of them
  • Tinydancer106
    Tinydancer106 Posts: 3,678 Member
    high voltage

Great song though

Confession:

c821d53a243b73f5041cb8a8bdf387c5.gif
  • PWHF
    high voltage

Great song though

Confession:

That's how I felt initially but then I asked myself "What would Angus think?"
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    high voltage

Great song though

Confession:

It’s ok
    Pick up the phone. I’m here alone. Or make a social call
  • cee134
    high voltage

Great song though

Confession:

txf775drx4l9.png

I wish links would stop breaking on this site.
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    high voltage

Great song though

Confession:

'Metal' is a broad genre with many niches - from what I see the eagles of death metal aren't in any of them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKS1WTM6fzg

The lyrics to his rendition of Black Metal were spectacular
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Zombie girls
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Clogged Toilets
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    high voltage

Great song though

Confession:

Eagles of what now?

Eagles of death metal. Its facetious. From their website:

“Bio
    Eagles of Death Metal is an American rock band from Palm Desert, California, formed in 1998 by best friends Jesse Hughes and Josh Homme. Despite their band name, Eagles of Death Metal is not a death metal band. The story goes that a friend was introducing Josh Homme to the death metal genre. When he played a song by the Polish band Vader and made a claim that the song was within the death metal genre, Homme then referred to Vader as "The Eagles of Death Metal". After hearing this phrase, he wondered what a cross between the Eagles and a death metal band would sound like. With that, the band was born.”

You're leaving out an important detail and the only reason anyone has heard of this band.

It didn’t seem relevant, and true fans heard of them long before that happened 😌
  • Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member
    Gas station sushi

Flint Michigan water

And most importantly.....

No-Good men
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    high voltage

Great song though

Confession:

They’re like garage indy rock, definitely no metal, especially none of the death variety
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    high voltage

Great song though

Confession:

It’s ok

For a fee I’m happy to be your backdoor man.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    SwannySez wrote: »
    high voltage

Great song though

Confession:

It’s ok

For a fee I’m happy to be your backdoor man.
    Finally. Hated having that just hanging there
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    A mama bear.

And Texas. Never mess with Texas.
  • cee134
    A mama bear.

And Texas. Never mess with Texas.
    bob108819 wrote: »
    IDK...Texas???
    Texas

I've decided to count the number of times people say Texas.