Ladies, I'm sorry

Options
13»

Replies

• BasedGawd412
    BasedGawd412 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    I broke a rib and hurt my feet too. All of my friends are "hardcore" hikers, the best scenery is hard to get to, and that's where the solitude is. I don't want to hold them back, but rivers and trees are the best medicine.

I joined Meetup for hiking, not having luck there. In a moment of desperation, I put an ad on Craigslist to find people who do short and easy hikes. Here's the response I got:

Let’s just get naked together at your place tomorrow I’m 39 guy

Is this what women deal with every day? I feel like I need to apologize on behalf of my gender.

Yes, because when exposed to one person's bad behavior, it's perfectly reasonable to impugn that person's race, gender, religion, political party, culture, and/or bowling team.

But if it helps you score some points with the 'ladies' (are we still allowed to use that word?), then by all means, carry on.

You know he's just joking right?

Behind every joke is a hint of seriousness.
  • MoxyLeigh
    MoxyLeigh Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    The real fun starts when you decline and they start threatening to murder you
    I haven’t had to deal with any creepy messages since they changed the pm rules here. So sadly, my days are now less amusing. Being a short, fat, tired old lady I don’t get creeped at irl. I’m not sure if that’s good or bad.

Is that why my messages aren't going through? Ugh...

For reals though - they changed the rules?

Yeah, if you message someone you aren't friends with it never goes through.

Also, if you curse in your first message it won't go through. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wow, good to know- it should tell you that when you message somebody you're not friends with. I think I've only done it once, and I was a lil surprised to get no reply at all, but just shrugged it off.

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    I broke a rib and hurt my feet too. All of my friends are "hardcore" hikers, the best scenery is hard to get to, and that's where the solitude is. I don't want to hold them back, but rivers and trees are the best medicine.

I joined Meetup for hiking, not having luck there. In a moment of desperation, I put an ad on Craigslist to find people who do short and easy hikes. Here's the response I got:

Let’s just get naked together at your place tomorrow I’m 39 guy

Is this what women deal with every day? I feel like I need to apologize on behalf of my gender.

Instead of “apologizing” to random women online and trying to get brownie points, I think your energy would be better spent challenging this kind of behavior when you see male friends or acquaintances engaging in it. When men make jokes about women’s appearances, generalize about women, talk about harassing women online, or use b*tch, p*ssy, c*nt, etc, you should make it known that that behavior harms women. If men don’t challenge each other, nothing will be fixed.

Please don't think I'm friends with people who think it's ok to make people feel uncomfortable for the fun of it.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    I haven’t had to deal with any creepy messages since they changed the pm rules here. So sadly, my days are now less amusing. Being a short, fat, tired old lady I don’t get creeped at irl. I’m not sure if that’s good or bad.

Is that why my messages aren't going through? Ugh...

For reals though - they changed the rules?

@HappilyDistracted

don't worry, I've received your messages.

.......and you should be ashamed of yourself.

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately par for the course :|
  • LiftingSpirits
    LiftingSpirits Posts: 2,207 Member
    Options

Or when they kidnap you.

Oh wait that wasn't real... nvmd.

😂😂😂😂 That one wasn't, but it is a possibility