Women 200lb+, Let's Soar This September!!!

Replies

• gabi_texanmom
    gabi_texanmom Posts: 201 Member
    Hi! I'm new to the group!

SW: 270.8
    CW: 258.2
    End of Sept goal: 255

I just hit 258.2 this morning and it's such a great feeling since I haven't been in the 250's in such a long time. I've been in 260-270 for over a year. I'm going to LA this weekend and disneyland with some friends. I'm going to try what I can to maintain my weight throughout the weekend. Working extra hard before the trip!

Congratulations for getting in the 250s! I hope you have so much fun in LA and at Disneyland.
  • gabi_texanmom
    gabi_texanmom Posts: 201 Member
    @RavenStCloud, @Terytha, @amkita Ok, so this might actually be a thing? :D My no pass no go number is 231. Last two failed attempts at weight loss stalled at 231. So naturally I'd just give up and wrap myself in chocolate cake when I'd stall because in my mind I could never get into the 220s. I'm close to it again, so I really need to push through it. It's all in my mind, right?

Question - do ya'll weigh-in daily or several times a week? I do weekly on Mondays, but sometimes curiosity wins and I do a Sunday preview. I'm thinking I should weigh-in more, maybe I'll see trends? But I also don't want to obsess over it daily. I joined a Halloween challenge with weigh-ins on Fridays. I'm wondering if weighing 4 days apart will show any kind of loss?
  • amkita
    amkita Posts: 183 Member
    @gabi_texanmom I weigh everyday so I can see the ups and downs. some weeks the low is on Saturday/Sunday, some weeks it's Tuesday/Wednesday, some weeks it's no days. but! at least I'll never miss a new low. :)
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    @gabi_texanmom I weigh every day to remind myself that fluctuations are normal. If I weighed once a week and saw increases it would feel like a whole week wasted, when the reality is maybe the previous day I had been low but then had too much salt at dinner, and the next day would be low again.

I'm not patient enough to wait a week.

But that's just me! Some people can't handle seeing those fluctuations and that's ok too. Do what's best for you.
  • amkita
    amkita Posts: 183 Member
    agreed on not patient enough. I need to see the daily data. :)
  • denjan333
    denjan333 Posts: 158 Member
    Everyone is different. I weight myself once a week only, Sunday mornings, first thing, after bathroom and no clothes. That way I'm sure to get the most consistency. My hubby weighs himself at all hours and his weight fluctuates by 3-5 lbs all day long. Then he complains LOL. I think you should do whatever is going to help you reach your goals. If you can handle the stress of the constant ups and downs that WILL happen all week, then weigh daily. If you want to see more of just the downward trend, weigh once a week. Just make sure it is always under the same circumstances.
  • mmccloy12
    mmccloy12 Posts: 151 Member
    I get on the scale everyday and I am thinking about changing that. Like @amkita and @Terytha I am curious, but what I have found is when I see an a drop I get excited but when I see an increase I am defeated. I have done good this week on getting back on track, but I admit sometimes when I see that increase I tend to go to food for comfort which makes absolutely no sense but I do! Ugh. I like @gabi_texanmom idea of possibly doing it two days a week. I can't seem to get out of the 250's...
  • emebt17
    emebt17 Posts: 2 Member
    So far this month of September hasn't been too cool for me.I was hoping to lose weight but instead gained 4 lbs!idk how I've been eating the same and working out regularly but hopefully by the end of the month I can lose the 4 lbs I gained!And next month lose 5 more👍
  • speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    As a treat for sticking with it and losing 20lbs, I am getting a very nice, small, black Dooney & Bourke with a matching wallet! I am so excited! I never ever treat myself, even now I will buy them used, but they are sooo nice. I think I will motivate myself with a nice used handbag every 20lbs. When I reach ultimate goal weight I will defintely splurge and buy myself my dream Disney Dooney & Bourke. I guess I better start saving NOW...

Gabi, you are a girl after my own heart. I am splurging on new shoes every 25 pounds. just 6 pounds away!
  • orangequilt
    orangequilt Posts: 4,071 Member
    I weigh every morning but only Monday is the official weight. I like to see the general trend so I'm not too upset if Monday is an outlier.
  • savannahs21
    savannahs21 Posts: 364 Member
    September 2 :
    September 30 :

My goal is to do the 20 videos that i put in my YouTube exercise playlist. I am doing 5 videos a week ( Monday-Friday.)

Week 3 videos done, i did Thursday and Friday's videos today because i wasn't feeling it yesterday. But all 5 are done!
  • nicruns
    nicruns Posts: 201 Member
    I'm definitely going for a pedicure whenever I drop below 220.....
    Hoping that patience & plugging away will do the trick.
    I weigh in every day too, and it's crazy to see the fluctuations.
    But @amkita -- I agree with you: fluctuations aside, seeing new lows is amazing (even if it's not on technically on a weigh-in day)
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    The City of Houston flooded horribly yesterday - our offices closed early. It took 2hrs to get home (usually 20min drive), and kiddos where in a shelter in place at school until 8pm. Thankfully we are all safe. It was chaos! Flooded cars abandoned on the roads, entire intersections under several feet of water, bayous full to the brim and spilling onto bridges.

Yeah, my boss is down there right now and apparently got stuck in an Uber for 4 hours. He was supposed to be back today, but that's not happening lol.

Stay safe!
  • aragalen
    aragalen Posts: 18 Member
    aragalen wrote: »
    OK, time to rock a new month!

SW: 220
    CW: 205
    GW for September: 200
    GW ultimate: 145

Hmmm. well not as good as I hoped. I keep fluctuating between 205 and 206, despite limiting calories to just under 1200 daily. I wonder if I should drop down to 1000 calories daily until I break this plateau? I wouldn't worry so much except my cardiologist would like to see my weight go down (I have congestive heart failure diagnosed this past May). Guess I'll just keep on trying!
  • MySlimGoals
    MySlimGoals Posts: 750 Member

Hmmm. well not as good as I hoped. I keep fluctuating between 205 and 206, despite limiting calories to just under 1200 daily. I wonder if I should drop down to 1000 calories daily until I break this plateau? I wouldn't worry so much except my cardiologist would like to see my weight go down (I have congestive heart failure diagnosed this past May). Guess I'll just keep on trying!

If you are counting accurately then there is no reason to drop down. You're well in calorie deficit and the weight will come off - it has no other option. Sometimes it just takes time. Is there a reason you have to do it fast - like a heart operation?
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,970 Member

Please do not drop your calories further. Plateaus can last 4 weeks. As long as you are in a calorie deficit, you will lose weight.

Ask yourself if you're measuring everything. Are you using a food scale? Are you choosing the correct entries in the database?

Please be patient. I'd hate to see you trigger a health issue because your calories were too low. 💟
  • orangequilt
    orangequilt Posts: 4,071 Member

September start weight 102.1kg (225lb)
    September goal weight 99.9kg (220lb)

Goals
    To keep between 1700 and 2000 cals per day
    To eat fruit at least twice a day
    To plan my meals for the week on the sunday

23 September 101.2kg, doubt I'll make that goal in a week.
    Average cals still over 2000 but not by much.
    Have been eating fruit most days
    Have been doing the meal planning 100%

• denjan333
    denjan333 Posts: 158 Member

My mom had congestive heart failure. One of the biggest symptoms she had was a buildup of water. She had water seeping out of her skin, because her heart wasn’t pumping properly. I HIGHLY suggest you see a registered dietition if you have congestive heart failure. The weight on the scale will be a terrible indication of whether or not you’re losing FAT rather than WATER, or retaining water. You should not go under 1200 calories. I’m no doctor, but with your current heart condition, less than 1200 calories could literally put you in cardiac arrest. PLEASE see a registered dietition, and do not seek advice from MFP, because you have a special circumstance, and are not dealing with regular weight loss. And please take care. I wish you all the best.