Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Women 200lb+, Let's Soar This September!!!

189111314

Replies

  • IsETHomeIsETHome Posts: 328Member Member Posts: 328Member Member
    September start weight 102.1kg (225lb)
    September goal weight 99.9kg (220lb)

    Goals
    To keep between 1700 and 2000 cals per day
    To eat fruit at least twice a day
    To plan my meals for the week on the sunday

    23 September 101.2kg, doubt I'll make that goal in a week.
    Average cals still over 2000 but not by much.
    Have been eating fruit most days
    Have been doing the meal planning 100%

    Recommend berries for 1 of your fruit options as some fruit is really high in sugar. I find myself eating a whole cucumber at 40 cals as a good snack option (at least during the week). My M-F is typically better controlled.
  • IsETHomeIsETHome Posts: 328Member Member Posts: 328Member Member
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    aragalen wrote: »
    aragalen wrote: »
    OK, time to rock a new month!

    SW: 220
    CW: 205
    GW for September: 200
    GW ultimate: 145

    Hmmm. well not as good as I hoped. I keep fluctuating between 205 and 206, despite limiting calories to just under 1200 daily. I wonder if I should drop down to 1000 calories daily until I break this plateau? I wouldn't worry so much except my cardiologist would like to see my weight go down (I have congestive heart failure diagnosed this past May). Guess I'll just keep on trying!

    Please do not drop your calories further. Plateaus can last 4 weeks. As long as you are in a calorie deficit, you will lose weight.

    Ask yourself if you're measuring everything. Are you using a food scale? Are you choosing the correct entries in the database?

    Please be patient. I'd hate to see you trigger a health issue because your calories were too low. 💟

    I had an 6-8 weekplateau eating 1100-1200 cals a day. I do aim for 1100 cals a day, occasionally 1000, ocassionally 1400. I gain weight earring over 1500 as I have a slow metabolism. My weight loss is prob .5-.75 a week now that I have lost 17% of my weight and am now at 195 +/- 1. it was more rapid the first 4-5 months now, more slowly. If you do 1000, you can’t eat any bad stuff all, has to be very very deliberate and nutritious. Recommend Reducing by 50 cals a day for a week and start rechecking labels and measures.....figure out if there is something higher creeping in. Like do you measure coffee creamer, exact tablespoons, portion size estimates. All cooking oils, etc. Are you counting calories in multi vitamins (gummies, fish oil etc).
  • orangequiltorangequilt Posts: 168Member Member Posts: 168Member Member
    IsETHome wrote: »
    September start weight 102.1kg (225lb)
    September goal weight 99.9kg (220lb)

    Goals
    To keep between 1700 and 2000 cals per day
    To eat fruit at least twice a day
    To plan my meals for the week on the sunday

    23 September 101.2kg, doubt I'll make that goal in a week.
    Average cals still over 2000 but not by much.
    Have been eating fruit most days
    Have been doing the meal planning 100%

    Recommend berries for 1 of your fruit options as some fruit is really high in sugar. I find myself eating a whole cucumber at 40 cals as a good snack option (at least during the week). My M-F is typically better controlled.

    Good advice! However the sugariest would be an advance on some of the **** I've been eating lately!!!
  • denjan333denjan333 Posts: 154Member, Premium Member Posts: 154Member, Premium Member
    I’m getting pretty tired of the all day Sunday meal preps. My husband was real helpful and supportive when we lost weight a few years ago. Now he barely does anything. He napped and watched TV and surfed the internet all day, other than making shredded chicken in the Instant Pot. Meanwhile, I made the grocery list, went and did the shopping, put everything away, cut all the veggies, prepped five lunches, made dinner, cleaned the kitchen (twice), did all the laundry, etc. I’m frustrated. I’m also horrible at difficult discussions, so I just sit here and be mad and don’t say anything. But something’s gotta give. I don’t have a choice to lose weight. Sure wish he was being more helpful. :|
  • aragalenaragalen Posts: 18Member Member Posts: 18Member Member
    IsETHome wrote: »
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    aragalen wrote: »
    aragalen wrote: »
    OK, time to rock a new month!

    SW: 220
    CW: 205
    GW for September: 200
    GW ultimate: 145

    Hmmm. well not as good as I hoped. I keep fluctuating between 205 and 206, despite limiting calories to just under 1200 daily. I wonder if I should drop down to 1000 calories daily until I break this plateau? I wouldn't worry so much except my cardiologist would like to see my weight go down (I have congestive heart failure diagnosed this past May). Guess I'll just keep on trying!

    Please do not drop your calories further. Plateaus can last 4 weeks. As long as you are in a calorie deficit, you will lose weight.

    Ask yourself if you're measuring everything. Are you using a food scale? Are you choosing the correct entries in the database?

    Please be patient. I'd hate to see you trigger a health issue because your calories were too low. 💟

    I had an 6-8 weekplateau eating 1100-1200 cals a day. I do aim for 1100 cals a day, occasionally 1000, ocassionally 1400. I gain weight earring over 1500 as I have a slow metabolism. My weight loss is prob .5-.75 a week now that I have lost 17% of my weight and am now at 195 +/- 1. it was more rapid the first 4-5 months now, more slowly. If you do 1000, you can’t eat any bad stuff all, has to be very very deliberate and nutritious. Recommend Reducing by 50 cals a day for a week and start rechecking labels and measures.....figure out if there is something higher creeping in. Like do you measure coffee creamer, exact tablespoons, portion size estimates. All cooking oils, etc. Are you counting calories in multi vitamins (gummies, fish oil etc).

    Well, I use the MyFitnessPal food tracker pretty faithfully! And try to account for all of my calorie intake. I do have to limit fluids to 64 oz. daily. I have been increasing my daily walks to 60 minutes medium pace (between 2-2.5 mph). I think I just need to be patient, and give it more time. If I stay stuck into next month I may talk with my doctor/cardiologist and get their advice.
  • mmccloy12mmccloy12 Posts: 49Member, Premium Member Posts: 49Member, Premium Member
    I did really good last week and this weekend! I think some of my weight gain last week was water because I lost what I gained and then also lost from the current weight I was the week before!

    One more week to meet my September goal. Have to lose .6 lbs. to meet that and that is doable!

    @denjen59 I totally can relate! It is so much work to meal prep and I don't have anyone that helps. It's worth it though! I did so good last week and I contribute that to meal prepping on Sunday for the whole week and all the way through the weekend!

    SW: 276.6
    Sept start weight - 259.6
    CW: 255.2
    GW: 160

    Goal for September:

    254.6

    - log everyday - I did log everyday!
    - increase water intake - drank 64 - 96 ounces all but one day!
    - exercise more - :( Still struggling with this. I did walk around my building at work two times last week
    - limit alcohol intake - did good until the weekend! But I logged and definitely realizing I would rather save the calories for something else!

    Hope everyone has a great week and closes September with their desired losses!
  • denjan333denjan333 Posts: 154Member, Premium Member Posts: 154Member, Premium Member
    I'm still struggling with everyday exercise too @mmccloy12
  • gabi_texanmomgabi_texanmom Posts: 181Member Member Posts: 181Member Member
    SW: 251 GW: 160
    9/1 - 241
    9/8 - 237
    9/15 - 235
    9/22 - 232.4
    9/29 -

    I had a good weekend. My family is starting to change a little to accomodate me and my new way of eating. No offering me junk every 5-10 minutes. My family gatherings are tough on watching calories since everyone on my side of the family is overweight, and every gathering involves fattening food.

    I hope to get another 3 days of exercise this week.
  • TerythaTerytha Posts: 1,118Member, Premium Member Posts: 1,118Member, Premium Member
    denjan333 wrote: »
    I’m getting pretty tired of the all day Sunday meal preps. My husband was real helpful and supportive when we lost weight a few years ago. Now he barely does anything. He napped and watched TV and surfed the internet all day, other than making shredded chicken in the Instant Pot. Meanwhile, I made the grocery list, went and did the shopping, put everything away, cut all the veggies, prepped five lunches, made dinner, cleaned the kitchen (twice), did all the laundry, etc. I’m frustrated. I’m also horrible at difficult discussions, so I just sit here and be mad and don’t say anything. But something’s gotta give. I don’t have a choice to lose weight. Sure wish he was being more helpful. :|

    If you say nothing you have no right to be mad. So pick one difficult thing: going it alone happily, or discussion. I would argue that the difficult discussion is easier and shorter term, but you're the one who has to live with the decision.
  • missyouhoomissyouhoo Posts: 33Member Member Posts: 33Member Member
    SW: 258.8
    CW:258.0
    GW: 180
  • lilann1961lilann1961 Posts: 46Member Member Posts: 46Member Member
    This weekend was a busy one with some highs and some lows. The USAF 10K (and my 6th) was on Saturday, and though I walked most of it (and it rained the first 30 min of it lol), I still finished in under 2 hours and I wasn't last (my only two goals this year). I also started a medication to help with my <<situational>> anxiety and subsequent depression. I cannot drink while taking it, so there has been no alcohol for the last five days and won't be any for the next several months assuming it works. I won't be on this forever and it isn't something I have ever struggled with in the past, but I am glad I finally talked to my doctor and put together a plan. Both for the anxiety and the weight. I was weighed twice on Friday (two dr appts) and it appears I was off a few pounds (and not in my favor). Kinda bummed me out, but feeling better is the ultimate goal.

    I know this is a journey, and I will say over the last few days, I have been a lot kinder to myself, which has caused me to be better around my family. Surprisingly, I have eaten a LOT better, so hoping the scale will reflect that come this weekend if I keep up the trend. Thanks for reading and hoping everyone is having a great Monday!
  • gabi_texanmomgabi_texanmom Posts: 181Member Member Posts: 181Member Member
    Terytha wrote: »
    denjan333 wrote: »
    I’m getting pretty tired of the all day Sunday meal preps. My husband was real helpful and supportive when we lost weight a few years ago. Now he barely does anything. He napped and watched TV and surfed the internet all day, other than making shredded chicken in the Instant Pot. Meanwhile, I made the grocery list, went and did the shopping, put everything away, cut all the veggies, prepped five lunches, made dinner, cleaned the kitchen (twice), did all the laundry, etc. I’m frustrated. I’m also horrible at difficult discussions, so I just sit here and be mad and don’t say anything. But something’s gotta give. I don’t have a choice to lose weight. Sure wish he was being more helpful. :|

    If you say nothing you have no right to be mad. So pick one difficult thing: going it alone happily, or discussion. I would argue that the difficult discussion is easier and shorter term, but you're the one who has to live with the decision.

    @denjan333 - how long have you been married? I have this problem with my husband too. He is the sweetest and most supportive hubby ever, I'm very lucky, but I have trouble asking for help! I will literally be running in circles in the house, and he will be in the backyard watching TV with no idea that I need him. Then I get stressed and upset and it could have all been avoided if I just asked him for help. I hope you work it out soon. :)

    @Terytha - I hesistantly agree with you. I know you're right, but you sound like my hubby right now!! :D :D I have a hard time letting go of things; I have to be drowning before I ask him or anyone for help. We've been married 13 yrs now, so he knows how crazy I am and when to step in.
  • gabi_texanmomgabi_texanmom Posts: 181Member Member Posts: 181Member Member
    lilann1961 wrote: »
    This weekend was a busy one with some highs and some lows. The USAF 10K (and my 6th) was on Saturday, and though I walked most of it (and it rained the first 30 min of it lol), I still finished in under 2 hours and I wasn't last (my only two goals this year). I also started a medication to help with my <<situational>> anxiety and subsequent depression. I cannot drink while taking it, so there has been no alcohol for the last five days and won't be any for the next several months assuming it works. I won't be on this forever and it isn't something I have ever struggled with in the past, but I am glad I finally talked to my doctor and put together a plan. Both for the anxiety and the weight. I was weighed twice on Friday (two dr appts) and it appears I was off a few pounds (and not in my favor). Kinda bummed me out, but feeling better is the ultimate goal.

    I know this is a journey, and I will say over the last few days, I have been a lot kinder to myself, which has caused me to be better around my family. Surprisingly, I have eaten a LOT better, so hoping the scale will reflect that come this weekend if I keep up the trend. Thanks for reading and hoping everyone is having a great Monday!

    Congrats on the 10K!! I have similar goals for my upcoming 1st 5K (please don't let me be last :D )

    Cheers to you for taking steps in treating your anxiety and depression and being kind to yourself. I know how hard that is.

    Have a great week!

  • TerythaTerytha Posts: 1,118Member, Premium Member Posts: 1,118Member, Premium Member
    Terytha wrote: »
    denjan333 wrote: »
    I’m getting pretty tired of the all day Sunday meal preps. My husband was real helpful and supportive when we lost weight a few years ago. Now he barely does anything. He napped and watched TV and surfed the internet all day, other than making shredded chicken in the Instant Pot. Meanwhile, I made the grocery list, went and did the shopping, put everything away, cut all the veggies, prepped five lunches, made dinner, cleaned the kitchen (twice), did all the laundry, etc. I’m frustrated. I’m also horrible at difficult discussions, so I just sit here and be mad and don’t say anything. But something’s gotta give. I don’t have a choice to lose weight. Sure wish he was being more helpful. :|

    If you say nothing you have no right to be mad. So pick one difficult thing: going it alone happily, or discussion. I would argue that the difficult discussion is easier and shorter term, but you're the one who has to live with the decision.

    @denjan333 - how long have you been married? I have this problem with my husband too. He is the sweetest and most supportive hubby ever, I'm very lucky, but I have trouble asking for help! I will literally be running in circles in the house, and he will be in the backyard watching TV with no idea that I need him. Then I get stressed and upset and it could have all been avoided if I just asked him for help. I hope you work it out soon. :)

    @Terytha - I hesistantly agree with you. I know you're right, but you sound like my hubby right now!! :D :D I have a hard time letting go of things; I have to be drowning before I ask him or anyone for help. We've been married 13 yrs now, so he knows how crazy I am and when to step in.

    We've been together 15 years. If we hadn't learned to talk, we'd have broken up shortly after we moved in together.

    Relationships require work, which means doing things even if they don't come naturally to you. Seething passive aggressively in a corner is such a pointless way to sabotage your own happiness.
  • fabulousmomofonefabulousmomofone Posts: 50Member Member Posts: 50Member Member
    I just saw that group. I haven't been motivated to stay focused but looking at all of the post here has motivated me. I am late for September but I am determined to work hard to achieve my goals like everyone here. I would like to lose 2lbs by the end of this month.

    SW 216.4
    CW 216.4
  • denjan333denjan333 Posts: 154Member, Premium Member Posts: 154Member, Premium Member
    Yeah, if I could overcome my crippling anxiety, I would probably be a lot happier. Sorry, I shouldn't have posted anything about my frustration. Please disregard that post.
  • gabi_texanmomgabi_texanmom Posts: 181Member Member Posts: 181Member Member
    @denjan333 - I'm sorry, I didn't mean to overstep or make you uncomfortable. I have anxiety and I know how hard it is. :smile:
  • denjan333denjan333 Posts: 154Member, Premium Member Posts: 154Member, Premium Member
    @gabi_texanmom no worries. I was super tired and cranky when I posted that. I feel better now ;)
Sign In or Register to comment.