Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

NET CARBS

ckandymanckandyman Posts: 1Member, Premium Member Posts: 1Member, Premium Member
There should be a line to keep track of the net carbs

Replies

• thanos5thanos5 Posts: 466Member Member Posts: 466Member Member
    no, there shouldn't be.
  • LyndaBSSLyndaBSS Posts: 5,083Member, Premium Member Posts: 5,083Member, Premium Member
    That's keto specific. You'll need to do your own math.
  • Gisel2015Gisel2015 Posts: 2,738Member Member Posts: 2,738Member Member
    Deduct fiber from your total carbs and you will have the net carbs. Easy!
    For your information, many people have been requesting this features for many, many years. It is not going to happen.
  • ceiswynceiswyn Posts: 2,005Member Member Posts: 2,005Member Member
    In the UK, and many other countries, the line to keep track of net carbs is 'carbs'. Fibre is already subtracted.

This is just one of the reasons why MFP probably aren't going to add a 'net carbs' feature. How would they know which entries to subtract the fibre from?
  • lemurcat2lemurcat2 Posts: 3,168Member Member Posts: 3,168Member Member
    ceiswyn wrote: »
    In the UK, and many other countries, the line to keep track of net carbs is 'carbs'. Fibre is already subtracted.

This is just one of the reasons why MFP probably aren't going to add a 'net carbs' feature. How would they know which entries to subtract the fibre from?

This.

And I really don't understand why subtracting fiber (for those of us in the US and Canada) is hard. I wanted to see fiber so liked seeing total carbs and fiber and doing the (1st grade at most) math when I was doing keto.
  • kshama2001kshama2001 Posts: 19,483Member Member Posts: 19,483Member Member
    ckandyman wrote: »
    There should be a line to keep track of the net carbs

In addition to what was already said, net carbs aren't required on US labels.

You can go to https://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings swap something out for Fiber, put that next to Carbs, and subtract.