WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2019

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,520 Member
    stat for the day:

0runner- 30min, 42l, 11h, 150c, lvl11, 9.24min mi, 130ahr, 160mhr, 3.20mi= 320c
    Apple Watch- 221c

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited September 2019
    Lisa I think you asked about getting your Coleus through the winter. Coleus is a tropical plant and won't make it through the winter outside in zone 7, but it is very easy to root, so I suggest taking several cuttings and getting them started in pots outside now while it's still warm, then taking them in before the first frost. Plant them outside in the spring.

Karen in Virginia
  • Rho97070
    Rho97070 Posts: 84 Member
    Loads of posts in the last day, whew! . . .

RV Rita – There are several types of colitis - none of them fun :smirk: I've had GI issues most of my life. For a while, doctors thought it was colitis but a couple of tests came back negative. I react to most dairy items and wheat, need to keep red meat intake real low, and can't soft drinks, or tomato/pasta sauce lest I have issues. That's a partial list, and I do feel restricted, uggg! But it sure beats the alternative. I'm so sorry about your tummy troubles. Good luck on figuring out what your yes and no foods are. (((hugs)))
    lhscapil wrote: »
    RVRita - we have used GoodRX for a few years now. Our doc's office recommended it. Big savings on most prescriptions and better than the insurance co-pays. Not sure how that works. The pharmacy still has to make some money off each prescription and I'd imagine GoodRX gets a percentage as well. :*
    Ditto to what Lanette wrote :smiley:

Lanette - I'd skip the store and contact Keen directly - they're awfully good at making customers happy!

Rori - I'm fairly knowledgeable about many alternative health practices, but Reiki has escaped me so thank you for the link. It was/is extremely informative in many respects. P.S. I enjoyed your photos from the pumpkin festival. Gourds - they're so versatile as decorative and functional objects, and creative crafts. And I think they have souls.

Barbara AHMOD - Yep, after attending nursing school, Morocco to Egypt sans Libya. We primarily treated Berbers.

KK - I enjoyed your pics - Phoenix was one tired pup, eh?

Michele in NC - The Tofu/Chocolate Infinite Pie is something my BF and I would like. Thanks for the recipe. Would you happen to know the sugar content?

Machka in Oz - I do as you do with "To-Do" lists . . . One BIG difference between us tho is that your DH makes dinner! My BF is great in many respects, but he's still in training when it comes to "kitchen duties" (planning and preparing meals, and cleaning up completely afterwards) :)

Lisa in AR - I'm glad you're feeling better settled about the job thingy. But, geeze, did you have to post the pic of the cat's *kitten* on the kitchen counter where food was being made??? I used to love potlucks, but no way now. I am never eating potluck food again!!! Seriously, thank you for the visual and another way to curb calories :)

Corey made chicken enchiladas for dinner. Surprisingly low calorie, the way he makes them. Yumm- what does he do to make them low cal? Feed them to your dtr's huge dog? Less enchiladas = less calories for you? :wink:

Katla <3<3<3 May your travels be completely uneventful in a good way <3<3<3
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Reinventing Rhonda - Day 28

No change from yesterday and haven't taken my walk (yet). Maybe I will, maybe I won't . . . It's the first day of absolutely no Sun and I've been feeling like I need a lazy day to do nothin' but a few minor tasks around home and consider how to re-arrange my clothes closet next week. I want my fitness apparel to be the easiest accessible because I'm planning on increasing daily regular exercise in October.
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited September 2019
    Ladies I will discuss different route with my drivers.💖👍
    💖Rebecca
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Lannette return those keen shoes. They are so pricey, you deserve a pair that fit correctly

NYKAREN
  • coastalgosgal
    Rho97070 wrote: »
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Rhonda: Beautiful photo of the Willamette River. I showed it to DH and he thinks it is near Wilsonville. Is he right?? Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

Ding! Ding! Ding! Your DH has a good eye (maybe two, hehe :-) Yep, it's the Willamette looking east from Champoeg State Park just south of Wilsonville. In the background is the I-5 Boones Bridge (named after Daniel Boone's grandson). Ask your DH if he knows what famous movie was shot in Wilsonville . . .
    No fair if he looks it up tho -
    Ronda, Yes I am excited to see her! Well we live up on Whidbey and my middle son, daughter in law and sweet Athena live in Vancouver WA. Though you think we would just pop in down but I-5 down is the most ghastly drive, especially when you pass Seattle! Its 6 hours of high intensity driving, a task I just can't do. I learned to drive when I turned 50 and had a sickly husband, so now that he's well, well its a place I don't want to be at. My eldest son is taking his right hand drive can for the trip down. My husband might share in the driving, and its more spacious than our little cute Chevy Spark.👍 . . . 👍
    💖Rebecca

I know what you mean about the drive . . . My entire father's side of the fam lives up there and I was driving almost every-other-week between 2012 and 2017 until my aunt passed away. The last time I did the drive was Aug 2017. In late Sept that year, the cousin I was closest to on my mother's side from So Cali moved to Coupeville. Ugggh. If only she could have moved a few months earlier. Anyhoo, BF and I plan to make a 10-14 day trip in April next year. There are a few museums in the Skagit Valley that hold ancestral artifacts that I want to visit.

Ever think about avoiding the drive and taking the train? I love it for going between Portland and Seattle for Mariner games :smile:

My condolences with your aunts passing. Your vacation in April sounds like a fun time. I hope the weather is good for you. Husband and trains is a no go. He's just not fond of them.
    💖Rebecca
  • coastalgosgal
    7d8fup4tdle9.jpg
    My son the multi-tasker!
    💖Rebecca
  • CarrieLubenske
    CarrieLubenske Posts: 2 Member
    Thank you Barbie! Love this thread!!
  • KetoneKaren
    Terri Wow! You are going to get there! Inspiring. Thanks for posting this.

Karen in Virginia
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,056 Member
    edited September 2019
    Heather: We visited Skagen some years ago when we went on a camping trip to Denmark. I paddled where the 2 seas mix together. It's a,lovely area!
  • Calories burned as counted by my fitness watch are much less than calories burned according to this site. Which do you take and how do you enter that?
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,334 Member
    Went in the pool. I can’t believe how warm it is for the end of September. The pool is 84. Then finished the diamond dotz for Colby then sprayed these blocks for the Christmas decorations. Better to do it now when there isn’t any wind

Annie in DE – so glad you were able to get to the gym

I remember that when I went to log a food, I could go to this list that I’d made of certain foods (I think it was meals). I used to get a listing of all my meals, but I don’t now. Did they change this?

Karen VA – I didn’t know that coleus couldn’t make it thru the winter! Our neighbor had one and I always thought that the one they had the year before just rebloomed

Rho – I’m sorry, I don’t know the sugar content of the pie off hand. My suggestion would be to put it into MFP, they’d probably give you that info.

Hi Lisa!

Michele in NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    Calories burned as counted by my fitness watch are much less than calories burned according to this site. Which do you take and how do you enter that?

:) I created my own exercise diary entries based on the calorie burn shown by my heart rate monitor.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    exermom wrote: »

I remember that when I went to log a food, I could go to this list that I’d made of certain foods (I think it was meals). I used to get a listing of all my meals, but I don’t now. Did they change this?

Michele in NC

:) On the Food page, near the top are the choices of "Recent" (foods I've entered recently) "My Foods" (foods I entered into the database), "My Meals" (meals I've saved), and " Recipes" ( recipes I've entered)
  • KetoneKaren
    Michele Some Coleus is a little hardier & if it happens to be in a warm microclimate it might just survive if the winter isn't too harsh. No guarantee, though.