WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2019

Replies

• kevrit I'm so sorry your Chewy is getting to that age. My kitty Charlie made it to 21 but his last year was so difficult for him. He went to the vet for kidney support and that bought him 6 months but his old kidneys were just too old and he finally "told me" he was done. I had him put to sleep and cried my eyes out for about a day. Charlie was with me for longer than I was married!
  • Rho97070
    Rho97070 Posts: 84 Member
    Good morning all and welcome newbies :smile:

Yesterday I was feeling rather lazy. Not down or depressed, but just feeling like I didn't want to do much of anything. Ended up going to bed early and slept 9hr+13 minutes! I suppose the daily walks are helping me to sleep very soundly. Normally, my brain wakes me up with it's internal "to-do" list after 7 hours.

Terri Seeing your progress was impressive and encouraging. Congrats and thanks for posting :smiley:

SuziQ May I suggest the Etekcity Digital Kitchen Scale from Amazon?

• SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Rho - thank you for the food scale suggestion. Etekcity has some nice features such as a removable bowl.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Heather: Thank you for the moral support for the flight. :flowerforyou:

Karen in VA: Thanks for the moral support. :heart:

Lanette: I hope that Keen comes though for you. :star:

Anniesquats: Good news about your hip! I’m not a rower but I like stationary bikes and elliptical trainers. Barbie has good advice, work up gradually & don’t try to do too much in the beginning.. :star:

Rho: Thanks for the good wishes for my travel. From your thoughts to God’s ears. Thanks! :smiley:

Terri: Congrats on your weight loss progress! :flowerforyou:

Machka: I use a similar strategy when it comes to potlucks. I eat what I bring. It is safe & I know what I’m getting. :bigsmile;

Connie in KY: Congrats on your mom coming home. :smiley:

On my way to the doctor to lok at a mole change.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 384 Member
    Hmm
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    On Potlucks - Our neighborhood has a lot of potlucks. Well, our core group of friends in the neighborhood. There are 5 or 6 couples that do communal dinners often. Normally someone cooks the main dish and everyone else brings a side/dessert/bread, etc. I have been in all the homes multiple times and I am comfortable with their processes. Oddly, your comments on cats made me think about it, and none of us have inside cats. Only one has an outside cat. We are all dog people.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,326 Member
    HI Ladies!

We had major frost this morning, deck icy. It's warming up tho and a sunny and beautiful day. Cascade passes and the northern Rockies are getting plenty of early snow, we're glad to send it down to you gals in the south. WHEW!

We got out the carpet steamer this morning and DH went over the living room carpet - looks good. He had a fire going in the woodstove so everything is drying quickly.

Keen
    - I called Keen HQ, they said I had to deal with the local retailer regarding returns. The shoes actually still look brand new other than where I loosened the laces. So I'll take them back tomorrow and let them know the left shoe is abnormally narrow and cross my fingers.

Potlucks; I used to work with a gal who was always bringing in home-made treats, loved potlucks, etc. One day I stopped into her house for something.... I'm sure the cat was up on the counter inspecting everything, if he could even find the counter, it was piled high - not with garbage as I recall, but just a lot of "stuff". So after that time I'd politely refuse her goodies, explaining I was sure I had some food allergies so "thanks, but I better not. Looks good tho."

I have a new pet peeve. Have any of you noticed that the word "contact" - as in "thank you for contacting us about...." has been replaced with "reaching out" - "Thank you for reaching out to us." I'm tempted to say my arm wasn't within 200 miles of you, B) . I've been seeing this more and more in email customer service responses. Maybe it's a Pacific NW thing.

Cleaning gal coming tomorrow so I need to get this place straightened up. :D

Have a good day ladies! Tomorrow is October already! <3

Lanette
    Sunny SW WA State
  • Workoutahloic50
    Something is not working..joui1g0jhu9g.jpeg
    8se1wr5o3vhj.jpeg
    lavf67vbtpg2.jpeg
    bungk4z9ht81.jpeg
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,748 Member
    Debby ... I can see the photos now! Love all the pumpkins and gourds!

Beth
  • Workoutahloic50
    😊😃😃
    Debby In Va
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Debby ~ You have a wonderful fruit/veggie stand. Had no idea pumpkins came in so many colors.

Lanette ~ I hope you can exchange the shoes with no problems. It really hurts to pay big money and find out something like you have notices.

Carol in GA
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,335 Member
    Did one segment of 10MS Butt Lift DVD then the extremepump class. The plan for tomorrow is to do a 20-40-60 workout. After exercise went to the Salvation Army, got glasses to put in the Instant Pot to make the yogurt. (I'm positive I'll get an IP for Christmas) and a bowl, then to Aldi, then Habitat for Humanity where I got some ornaments and another Christmas bowl.

Later in the week the paper says it’s supposed to be in the 90’s! For October! The good part is that it probably means that my pool stays open longer…

Barbie – I don’t want what I posted recently, under “my foods” I get this unalphabetized listing of foods I entered. Under “My meals” (where I would expect it to be) I get the same thing. Only under “my foods” can I add another food. Where is the list? I know that I had a list of things like “apple – fugi” (I’m pretty sure I made that a meal just so it would be in the list), but now I don’t see it. Another thing, under “my foods”, how do you delete a food?

RVRita – so sorry to hear about Chewy.

On potlucks – I usually try to bring something that I can eat then have just a bite of something else, sometimes I don’t even have that much. There have been times at the condo when they’ve had a pot luck, I send something that I wouldn’t eat and then say that I had to do something or go somewhere and not go to the potluck

I’m going to start logging here tomorrow.

Michele in NC
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,335 Member
    I found that list under “my foods”. But I don’t see any way to add to it.

Also, I’m trying to enter my dinner for tomorrow. It keeps telling me that an entry like mine is in the database, but I don’t see it, not in the database, not under “my foods”, nowhere. HELP!!!

Michele in NC
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Michele ~ We are in the 90's again today also! Hard to imagine the snow that is falling out West! :)
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    :D