Underrated foods?

1192021222325»

Replies

• AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Oooh, I was eating cabbage like every day over the summer. I need to bring it back.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,222 Member
    Cabbage. So filling cheap low calorie easily accessible. What more can I say?

I often roast cabbage with potatoes for breakfast with runny eggs... SO GOOD!
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    Cabbage. So filling cheap low calorie easily accessible. What more can I say?

Totally agree. Just had braised red cabbage with ground beef and some other veg for dinner the past two nights. It was so delicious (and cheap).
  • hilarymcm
    hilarymcm Posts: 55 Member
    Dandelion greens/chicory. I make salads with it several times a week and never get bored. You have to like bitter greens though!
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    A good old pot roast with onions, carrots and potatoes.
  • pancakerunner
    good quality white chocolate
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    good quality white chocolate

oh so true!
  • Seems SO obvious but good ole Greek Yogurt. Nothing bulks up my protein like Greek Yogurt and it can fit into any meal even dessert.

Speaking of- gummy bears! Or any like candy. Love my post workout fix. I don’t know anyone else that shares my enthusiasm
  • Sugar free lime jello 😍 I eat 4 in a sitting and top it with 8 oz Greek yogurt 😂 sounds weird I’m sure but so so good!

Wait HOLD the door.... okay- you add the jello powder to the Greek yogurt? Or you legit make the Jello and mix that with Greek Yogurt? I’m intrigued snd it sounds amazing
  • jennacole12
    jennacole12 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Sugar free lime jello 😍 I eat 4 in a sitting and top it with 8 oz Greek yogurt 😂 sounds weird I’m sure but so so good!

Wait HOLD the door.... okay- you add the jello powder to the Greek yogurt? Or you legit make the Jello and mix that with Greek Yogurt? I’m intrigued snd it sounds amazing

It’s amazing!! I put 8 oz Greek yogurt flavored with either protein powder or sugar free pudding mix (10g I like either key lime or cheesecake flavor) in the freezer for like 20. Then when it’s done I put it over 4 cups of jello that I put in a bowl and I usually top all that with a bit of cereal 😍😍 so so good. The Macros are 👌🏻 And it is so filling I swear by it. I posted a pic from one of my flavor combos below!

7nfqa5vgweld.jpeg

• Sugar free lime jello 😍 I eat 4 in a sitting and top it with 8 oz Greek yogurt 😂 sounds weird I’m sure but so so good!

It’s amazing!! I put 8 oz Greek yogurt flavored with either protein powder or sugar free pudding mix (10g I like either key lime or cheesecake flavor) in the freezer for like 20. Then when it’s done I put it over 4 cups of jello that I put in a bowl and I usually top all that with a bit of cereal 😍😍 so so good. The Macros are 👌🏻 And it is so filling I swear by it. I posted a pic from one of my flavor combos below!

7nfqa5vgweld.jpeg

Okay- mind blow! Trying this! This obviously isn’t sugar free- but one of my newest favorites. Nerds & Greek yogurt! Only 60 calories for an entire table spoon of nerds! 2yqx1mfzml9g.jpeg
  • jennacole12
    jennacole12 Posts: 1,167 Member

Sugar free lime jello 😍 I eat 4 in a sitting and top it with 8 oz Greek yogurt 😂 sounds weird I’m sure but so so good!

7nfqa5vgweld.jpeg

Okay- mind blow! Trying this! This obviously isn’t sugar free- but one of my newest favorites. Nerds & Greek yogurt! Only 60 calories for an entire table spoon of nerds! 2yqx1mfzml9g.jpeg

Oh if you like that you will love this!!!!

One of my other combos is a mix of lime, strawberry and cherry jello, Greek yogurt with lemon SF pudding mix (10g) all topped with 15g of fruity pebbles 😍😍😍
  • 7rainbow
    7rainbow Posts: 161 Member
    Not a food but a drink- Hot chocolate. When I am eating healthy (which hasn't been this week lol) it's my go to, 45 calorie, sugar fix.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member

I do this too!

• [/quote]

Oh if you like that you will love this!!!!

One of my other combos is a mix of lime, strawberry and cherry jello, Greek yogurt with lemon SF pudding mix (10g) all topped with 15g of fruity pebbles 😍😍😍[/quote]

OMGeee are we fitness twins? I have fruity pebbles too!!! And I swear I bought them for my CFD not my kids! plnf0byjz70m.jpeg
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,255 Member
    I'm on the plain greek yogurt bandwagon
  • pancakerunner
    Evamutt wrote: »
    I'm on the plain greek yogurt bandwagon

same! I only do plain yogurt now :)