Taking back control with OMAD - Emilie

2»

Replies

• Thanks girls :smile: You were all right. I got back on track the next day and it has been a very smooth ride since. I’m proud.

The acne got even worse at first, but has almost entirely disappeared over the last two days! So I’m pretty sure there will not be one spot left by the time we fly abroad for my moms big party. Hurray!

Sticking to OMAD has gone well and I’ve had a couple great walks this week in our local forest. It makes me feel so much better during the rest of the day.

I have some trouble sleeping this week though. I have so much energy that I either fall asleep late or wake up way before the alarm goes off. I’m not tired during the day however, so I’m not worried yet.

The scale has barely budged this week. I weighed myself and I seem to have dropped from 88,1 to only 87,5. So that isn’t much. I do look slimmer again however. Mainly around my thighs and lower belly. Not so much my arms or lower legs.

I haven’t had a BM since Friday’s OMAD and I suspect I’m holding quite some water weight also. We went over to my partner’s family on Friday for dinner and the dishes were salty and mainly carb based. Pasta dish with pork and cream sauce, garlic bread, feta pastry, homemade pizza, some mixed greens but barely enough for all there to have a big spoonful. Also cake and cookies which I left alone. I paced myself (which surprisingly was quite easy) and stuck to one plate, but I still ate mainly carbs because there were no other options.

Oh well, life is life and I’m just glad and proud I’m in control so far. It has been years since I’ve last felt this way and been able to choose for myself and stay in control. The challenges are actually enjoyable. It feels so goddamn rewarding to test my willpower by delaying gratification and then deciding I don't need or want it after all (specific foods).

The thing I love most so far is not even the weight loss and obvious health benefits. It’s that I feel so damn good all the time. And the mental clarity... wow. Don’t even know what to say.

I hope that stays long term. But even if it doesn’t... it is nothing to worry about now. I’m really enjoying the process so far. I feel like I’m more interested in life in general.

Have a great Sunday evening all :blush:
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    That is awesome!!! Glad it was easy to get back on track! I continue to notice the mental clarity with the fasting ---so it is here to stay!!!

Keep up the good work!!!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Oh yeah - the mental clarity is one of my fave parts! It took 3 visits to my Dr before she believed me in that part! She was convinced my focus would suffer, but NOPE! The opposite!

Great work - don't worry if you stall a tiche, it'll catch itself up :) Run the play, stay the course, trust the process :)
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    Oh yes for mental clarity 👍❤️ Sometimes, the weight will not move but you do loose inches. So, do measure yourself too. Keep up the good work👍