How supportive is MFP to you?

124»

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    I find the forums to be a fascinating study of human behaviour and interaction.

ETA: Mostly human, @cee134

This post gave me so many notifications and none of them had to do with me.
  • isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member
    SwannySez wrote: »
    MFP is a dark hole which sucks and sucks and sucks at my soul until there is no soul left to suck. Then it sucks some more. It is the Linda Lovelace of fitness sites.

Plus bewbs.

But I have made so many amazing friends here. I mean people I talk to daily and trust with my deepest darkest soul-suckinest secrets. Like the one about the cyclops. And the one about the John Holmes MFing ninja's wife. Every time I come back after a time away, I meet more people that I adore.

Plus? If you use it as intended, it actually will help you. So. Win/win for me.

SwannySez, YES!

I have heard rumors about you. Something about you doing napoleonic photo shoots or something.

That was the dic.......tators sesion.

I like taters.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    MFP is a dark hole which sucks and sucks and sucks at my soul until there is no soul left to suck. Then it sucks some more. It is the Linda Lovelace of fitness sites.

Plus bewbs.

But I have made so many amazing friends here. I mean people I talk to daily and trust with my deepest darkest soul-suckinest secrets. Like the one about the cyclops. And the one about the John Holmes MFing ninja's wife. Every time I come back after a time away, I meet more people that I adore.

Plus? If you use it as intended, it actually will help you. So. Win/win for me.

SwannySez, YES!

I have heard rumors about you. Something about you doing napoleonic photo shoots or something.

That was the dic.......tators sesion.

I like taters.

Tater On, Tater....
  • CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member
    Barely. But it’s cool, I don’t need it.
  • robbell678
    robbell678 Posts: 140 Member
    Starts ok but friend thingee disappears after awhile. Motivation comes from within.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Still find this place entertaining, but not directly supportive.

It might be different if I was more active in a group or something instead of just floating around like a disembodied head in the forums. :p
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    I have had mfp for about 5 years but only started using it properly the last year or so. I have found my little group of pals to be extremely supportive and I enjoy supporting them in return... Plus my irl friends are so over my weight loss 🤷‍♀️
  • ColdDawning
    ColdDawning Posts: 36 Member
    edited September 2019
    I've found it to be a good place for getting "empty words" of support (they might not be completely empty, but it's just a constant repeat most of the time), and sure that can be nice and enough, but it's not a good place to make friends imo. Maybe this is just my experience, but I've deleted two accounts because of it, to get away from people without looking like a total douche. I'm the type of person that want to get to know the people that I add, I want to talk about the exercise, not get "go you!" and such, I would answer private messages, but every single one I got from guys were about them looking for more than just friendship.
    I didn't learn from the first time, but I learnt from the second. This time around I'm not going to add any friends, I'll just track my calories and write on the forum.
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member

It might be different if I was more active in a group or something instead of just floating around like a disembodied head in the forums. :p
    You know, I did start a group on here recently and we are looking for good people like you.

Look it up. It's called Generic Diet & Fitness Group and we are the descendants of Babylonia in search of a higher consciousness through esoteric yogurt combinations.
  • pizzamyheart
    pizzamyheart Posts: 1,836 Member

Well then, I guess you wouldn't feel like joining my disembodied heads who just float around the forums group.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    kam26001 wrote: »

You know, I did start a group on here recently and we are looking for good people like you.

Look it up. It's called Generic Diet & Fitness Group and we are the descendants of Babylonia in search of a higher consciousness through esoteric yogurt combinations.

:laugh: Esoteric yogurt combinations.

Well then, I guess you wouldn't feel like joining my disembodied heads who just float around the forums group.

One question: Do I or do I not get to haunt people?