Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Track bowel movements

Ruud23Ruud23 Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
Hi, tracking bowel movements and mood would help a lot of patients suffering from gastro diseases. This can also generate revenues for myfitnesspal as there is a separate market for tracking bowel movement and moods.

Replies

• Gisel2015Gisel2015 Posts: 2,738Member Member Posts: 2,738Member Member
    Are you serious????? Why don't you just enter your pooping habits and frequency in a spreadsheet that is more private, considering that many members have public diaries or diaries open to friend?
  • CahgetsfitCahgetsfit Posts: 1,827Member Member Posts: 1,827Member Member
    Maybe they can make the pooping diary private?

I wouldn't mind using a pooping diary.

Kinda like using a period tracker. I use that. Pooping diary is a good idea.

And the last thing I would do is get on my computer and open a spreadsheet (ugh) to log my poo when I could just click one button on an app I use every day anyway and select "pooped today" consistency number 6 on a scale of 1 = diarrhea and 10 = rock hard
    Gisel2015 wrote: »
    Are you serious????? Why don't you just enter your pooping habits and frequency in a spreadsheet that is more private, considering that many members have public diaries or diaries open to friend?

Don't log your poo then if you don't want your friends to see it.

I'd totally log my poo. This is a great idea.
  • Gisel2015Gisel2015 Posts: 2,738Member Member Posts: 2,738Member Member
    Totally disagree, but it is your opinion; I have mine, and I stand by it. Time for people to be more private and stop disclosing personal habits on line.
  • seltzermint555seltzermint555 Posts: 9,536Member Member Posts: 9,536Member Member
    Maybe log it under 'Today's Food Notes' if you just want to refer back to it...obviously wouldn't have any detail tracking or anything, but it would be there for you.

I do that with my outfits. :D
  • MikePTYMikePTY Posts: 2,958Member, Premium Member Posts: 2,958Member, Premium Member
    There are already dozens of apps out there that do this. If you are looking for this type of feature, you can download one of them. MFP is not meant to be the be all and end all of health apps. It has certain functions. This would fall outside those functions.
  • sammidelvecchiosammidelvecchio Posts: 524Member, Premium Member Posts: 524Member, Premium Member
    Well, it's a health and fitness app, this certainly counts as health. And why can't it be the end all be all of health apps? If I had a health and fitness app I would want everyone to use mine and I think it's a great marketing strategy to say "no need to download and track and use 7 apps, OUR app can do it all."

Also, this is a great idea IMO.
  • MikePTYMikePTY Posts: 2,958Member, Premium Member Posts: 2,958Member, Premium Member
    Well, it's a health and fitness app, this certainly counts as health. And why can't it be the end all be all of health apps? If I had a health and fitness app I would want everyone to use mine and I think it's a great marketing strategy to say "no need to download and track and use 7 apps, OUR app can do it all."

Also, this is a great idea IMO.

Because development costs time and money. They already have limited development hours as it is, and I can't imagine this making the list. And every new thing they add adds more code that has the potential to break not only that feature but also other parts of the website as well. Look at how many things break already.

So I can't imagine they will spend time adding a feature that is really not in veyrry high demand and would arguably turn off as many people as it would attract.
  • sammidelvecchiosammidelvecchio Posts: 524Member, Premium Member Posts: 524Member, Premium Member
    That may be the way it is now, but in the future they could decide to put more money into developing the app. Or improving the user experience for premium memberships. In that case, each idea that gains momentum may be considered. And if people continue to pay for premium, I could honestly see this as a feature included along with a period tracker for the female clientele who would like the option consolidate that into one app, too.

Edited to add that my Garmin app now includes a period tracker, which surprised me but in a good way. A lot of people would have said that falls outside it's main function as well, but for women it is a very important and key factor when evaluating health. For humans, bowel movements are also incredibly important factors.
    edited September 10
  • nighthawk584nighthawk584 Posts: 664Member Member Posts: 664Member Member
    I just knew this would come up sooner or later haha!
  • socajamsocajam Posts: 3,022Member, Premium Member Posts: 3,022Member, Premium Member
    I all for adding the poop as long as they make people pay for it.
    Let's see how many will pay for such a service.
    That may be the way it is now, but in the future they could decide to put more money into developing the app. Or improving the user experience for premium memberships. In that case, each idea that gains momentum may be considered. And if people continue to pay for premium, I could honestly see this as a feature included along with a period tracker for the female clientele who would like the option consolidate that into one app, too.

Edited to add that my Garmin app now includes a period tracker, which surprised me but in a good way. A lot of people would have said that falls outside it's main function as well, but for women it is a very important and key factor when evaluating health. For humans, bowel movements are also incredibly important factors.

I was also happy when FitBit brought in period tracker - I now don't need to use iPeriod anymore. The only thing is it's a lot less robust than iPeriod, with less options for moods and symptoms and so on, but it does the job and is a one stop shop.

I would pay for premium if MFP was a one stop health shop - as long as the app didn't keep breaking like it does now. The only reason I don't pay for premium now is that it breaks too much.

And the poop/period section can easily be made a private function anyway - no need to have that as a shared section.
  • ArianeraArianera Posts: 136Member Member Posts: 136Member Member
    Are you familiar with the MyColitis App? I know there are a couple of other dedicated apps too.
  • cmriversidecmriverside Posts: 28,516Member Member Posts: 28,516Member Member
    You can add it as "Track Additional Measurements" here:

https://www.myfitnesspal.com/measurements/change

(Its' at MY HOME > Goals > Track Additional Measurements)

Then you have them all listed nice and pretty and there will be a graph for it in Reports.
  • RFC2549RFC2549 Posts: 7Member Member Posts: 7Member Member
    Gisel2015 wrote: »

I don't know. This could be a very helpful feature for the community. Perhaps people could describe the consistency and size of their movements each day. They could even upload pictures to their public poop diary! Other members could browse and maybe decide to skip lunch that day.
  • L1zardQueenL1zardQueen Posts: 7,199Member Member Posts: 7,199Member Member
    To add, Snapchat filters would be fun with little bunny ears and a nose.
  • lkpduckylkpducky Posts: 9,366Member Member Posts: 9,366Member Member