Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Question

G_Othello87G_Othello87 Posts: 2Member, Premium Member Posts: 2Member, Premium Member
What do the "%" represents when you log your meals? I'm talking about the percentages shown above the gram calculation of what you've logged.

Replies

• Emmapatterson1729Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,054Member Member Posts: 1,054Member Member
    The only % I ever see on my app are macros (proteins, fats, carbs), daily nutrients (daily recommended values), and percentages from how many calories each meal represents.

I don't know if it's one of these you're seeing.
  • AnnPT77AnnPT77 Posts: 11,859Member Member Posts: 11,859Member Member
    Do you mean when you're looking at the detail entry for a food, so the line says (example) 104 calories, 14.8g carbs (56% above that), 1.5g fat (13% above that), 8.1g protein (31% above that)?

If so, it's the approximate percent of that food's calories that come from that macro. Using the above example, 14.8g carbs is 59.2 calories (because carbs have approximately 4 calories per gram), and 59.2 is approximately 56% of the 104 total calories. Fats have about 9 calories per gram, protein has about 4 calories per gram, and alcohol (which MFP doesn't explicitly separate out) has about 7 calories per gram.
  • G_Othello87G_Othello87 Posts: 2Member, Premium Member Posts: 2Member, Premium Member
    AnnPT77 that is exactly what I was talking about. Much love to you and Emmapatterson1729 for taking time to answer my question. Best wishes to you both in your life journey!