Question

What do the "%" represents when you log your meals? I'm talking about the percentages shown above the gram calculation of what you've logged.

Replies

• Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    The only % I ever see on my app are macros (proteins, fats, carbs), daily nutrients (daily recommended values), and percentages from how many calories each meal represents.

I don't know if it's one of these you're seeing.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,721 Member
    Do you mean when you're looking at the detail entry for a food, so the line says (example) 104 calories, 14.8g carbs (56% above that), 1.5g fat (13% above that), 8.1g protein (31% above that)?

If so, it's the approximate percent of that food's calories that come from that macro. Using the above example, 14.8g carbs is 59.2 calories (because carbs have approximately 4 calories per gram), and 59.2 is approximately 56% of the 104 total calories. Fats have about 9 calories per gram, protein has about 4 calories per gram, and alcohol (which MFP doesn't explicitly separate out) has about 7 calories per gram.
  • G_Othello87
    G_Othello87 Posts: 2 Member
    AnnPT77 that is exactly what I was talking about. Much love to you and Emmapatterson1729 for taking time to answer my question. Best wishes to you both in your life journey!