The High Maintenance thread

Replies

• your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    The Gym... I'm just a lil' psycho there.

Rack Your Weights
    Wipe Down Your Gear
    Ask to Work-In instead of staring at me.
    Get the *&^$@ Off Of Your Phone... the coffee shop is across the street
    Act Like You've Been Here Before

ok but but but

i have seen sanitation theatre taken to the extreme. i don’t want to wipe the perfectly dry treadmill with that damp rag that probably spreads more germs than anything else.

i look at my phone between sets. it’s either that or stare at people creepily.

and the only time i ever asked to work in the guy just up and gave me the rack. 🤷‍♀️
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    The Gym... I'm just a lil' psycho there.

Rack Your Weights
    Wipe Down Your Gear
    Ask to Work-In instead of staring at me.
    Get the *&^$@ Off Of Your Phone... the coffee shop is across the street
    Act Like You've Been Here Before

ok but but but

i have seen sanitation theatre taken to the extreme. i don’t want to wipe the perfectly dry treadmill with that damp rag that probably spreads more germs than anything else.

i look at my phone between sets. it’s either that or stare at people creepily.

and the only time i ever asked to work in the guy just up and gave me the rack. 🤷‍♀️

tenor.gif?itemid=14298261

He didn’t twirl his hair and look cute. 🤦‍♀️
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    I'm high maintenance with texting grammar. I do not text U instead of YOU or UR instead of YOUR. The correct use of YOUR, YOU'RE, THEY'RE, THERE, and THEIR is a must. If I accidentally use the wrong one or misspell a word, I will follow up with a correction text.
    I absolutely judge people who don't feel text the same way. We have the luxury of full keyboards now, we should use them.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    I'm high maintenance with texting grammar. I do not text U instead of YOU or UR instead of YOUR. The correct use of YOUR, YOU'RE, THEY'RE, THERE, and THEIR is a must. If I accidentally use the wrong one or misspell a word, I will follow up with a correction text.
    I absolutely judge people who don't feel text the same way. We have the luxury of full keyboards now, we should use them.

My mom is almost 70 and she never texted until the past 2-3 years, with her fairly modern smartphone, so she wasn't around for flip phone texting in the old days or any of that. Her brother (72) constantly texts like "wat r u doin?" or "gtg" and she gets super upset and doesn't understand why he seems illiterate.
  • mtndewme
    mtndewme Posts: 724 Member
    I'm "high maintenance" in my morning routine. I need no less than an hour. I've never understood people getting ready in less time unless they skip breakfast and did nothing but put on clothes and a brush through their hair.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    mtndewme wrote: »
    I'm "high maintenance" in my morning routine. I need no less than an hour. I've never understood people getting ready in less time unless they skip breakfast and did nothing but put on clothes and a brush through their hair.

I can easily be out the door in 30 minutes if I eat something quick or just have tea. But, I shower the night before.

• caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member

😬
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member

20 minutes and I’m out the door. 15 minutes to check for life signs, 5 minutes for pants and coffee 🤷🏻‍♂️.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    My (fake) tan routine. I typically keep it up at least once a week no matter what. Also I am so picky about products and application. Also for cooking... I am very particular about the appliances, cookware and knives I like to use.
  • mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    I have to reboot the work computer I'm about to use for the day. Or I have to see it being rebooted. There's reasons for this, let me know if you're curious and I'll explain. But basically, if they don't do it, I will. Even if they lose some work by not saving.

I've had a new guy, who didn't like logging off, complain about how long it takes him to get his stuff back up during the day, by me rebooting. And I've told him this is happening, and he should save what he needed to save (something he should be doing anyway, but that's not here nor there). He may report me to our manager, we'll see.
  • mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    mattig89ch wrote: »
    I have to reboot the work computer I'm about to use for the day. Or I have to see it being rebooted. There's reasons for this, let me know if you're curious and I'll explain. But basically, if they don't do it, I will. Even if they lose some work by not saving.

I've had a new guy, who didn't like logging off, complain about how long it takes him to get his stuff back up during the day, by me rebooting. And I've told him this is happening, and he should save what he needed to save (something he should be doing anyway, but that's not here nor there). He may report me to our manager, we'll see.

ya i’m curious, guessing to clear memory but idk maybe something else

pretty much, your spot on. Clearing the old info from RAM, and reloading the OS from scratch. Though a true reload needs to have the machine powered off first, a reboot tends to do the trick.

There's a reason why the old IT joke is 'have you tried turning it off and on again'
  • mtndewme
    mtndewme Posts: 724 Member
    nooshi713 wrote: »

I can easily be out the door in 30 minutes if I eat something quick or just have tea. But, I shower the night before.
    caco_ethes wrote: »

😬

20 minutes and I’m out the door. 15 minutes to check for life signs, 5 minutes for pants and coffee 🤷🏻‍♂️.

Can't relate! I have no idea what I do in the morning but lately I don't even have time for makeup. I imagine that I'm moving at a regular speed but I must actually be in slow motion, like a sloth. :/
  • BoosDimples
    BoosDimples Posts: 2,826 Member
    Brew the tea first. THEN add milk. Unless it’s already brewed in a teapot. Preferably , a ceramic one.

• nooshi713
    Can't relate! I have no idea what I do in the morning but lately I don't even have time for makeup. I imagine that I'm moving at a regular speed but I must actually be in slow motion, like a sloth. :/
    It’s ok, really.

yv752mprt8oa.jpeg

• nooshi713
    I can’t relate to people who

Don’t like white rice

Like the cold

Can have casual sex with someone they just met

• nooshi713
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    I can’t relate to people who

Don’t like white rice

Like the cold

Can have casual sex with someone they just met

i like u posted that in this thread

Yeah, because I’m a hot mess yo.

• kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    I need to be personally invited to events. I don't do word of mouth anymore like those bonfires back in high school.

I also need ample notification. If you text me last minute with some "oh I forgot to tell you, we're having a..." NOPE! I got other plans, even if I don't.

I demand protocol, courtesy, and decorum at this juncture of my life.

*spends another Friday night alone* 👀
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    kam26001 wrote: »
    I need to be personally invited to events. I don't do word of mouth anymore like those bonfires back in high school.

I also need ample notification. If you text me last minute with some "oh I forgot to tell you, we're having a..." NOPE! I got other plans, even if I don't.

I demand protocol, courtesy, and decorum at this juncture of my life.

*spends another Friday night alone* 👀

You can always watch Forensic Files

It’ll never leave you

It’s always there