Summer weight gain

2»

Replies

• wendyheath32
    wendyheath32 Posts: 74 Member
    I have gained around 7lbs over the summer months. So I've put myself on a small deficit. I currently can't exercise as much due to my back ( I think what happened was that I didn't change from being active to lightly active and kept eating the same amount so totally my fault) so focusing on the food atm. It's going well so far
  • slbbw
    slbbw Posts: 329 Member
    I am about 8lbs up and just realizing it has been a summer thing thinking back over past years as well. A 2 week cruise did not help this year either and September is a chaotic month. Getting back into this week and ready to really buckle down.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Mine is more of a problem of not seasons..but vacations. That is one challenge I can't meet..is maintaining during my vacations. So..back to reduction I go...

@elisa123gal
    The Half Size Me podcast had a great episode on this recently.

Have a weekly plan
    A weekend plan (if that is different for you)
    AND a vacation plan - changing one habit per trip.

Another poster mentioned she loses the weight she will gain in vacation BEFORE the trip. Much like earning the money before buying something.

I have the same issue,But hope to use these strategies in the future

Thank you...great ideas... I know one thing that works for me, is not to eat breakfast or at least a big breakfast on vacation. What got me was the breakfast on the small cruise boat I was on..I got eggs Benedict every day. I was bored..stuck on that boat and just did it. Typically, I would have that once on vacation ..and eat something super small or just have coffee in the mornings..

I'll look up the podcast..thanks again.
  • nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Summer weight gain is pretty much why I'm back on here. I just started logging and exercising yesterday.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,052 Member
    If I do have seasonal weight gain, it's always summer. The Texas heat just wears me down, seems like it takes more energy to do the minimum. It's tempting to slack. September is a sucker punch. My mind is thinking fall foliage, football games and sweaters, but in reality, we are still hitting triple digit heat. What can a girl do? Shake up some margaritas. Hence the gain.