Questions for those who follow a Lower Carb Plan (keto, Atkins, Paleo etc)

Options
2»

Replies

• HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,970 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Jovsfood wrote: »
    Jovsfood wrote: »
    Keto is also used for controlling epilepsy seizures just for your info 👍

Who ever disagreed with this comment is ignorant, it’s a medical fact

Ya, I had posted something similar in a different thread and got a disagree as well - and my research was all scientific and medical/neurological study based. Go figure
    ~~~~~~~~
    Okay, I have not been a low-carb person most of my life, but some recent research has me going back to it (currently transitioning) to see if it helps with some issues (outlined below)

-What lower carb plan do you follow? Paleo (ish - I'm not one to say "never" to something I love regardless of what some "diet plan" says). I've looked into keto, and it is far too strict for me. I know myself, and my fitness goals/plans, and keto is just WAY too strict for me and my lifestyle.

-How long have you followed a lower carb way of eating? I did paleo a few years ago for about 4 months - I liked it, but my budget at the time simply wouldn't support keeping it up (post divorce and was living on less than $100/month food budget). That's not a concern now.

Currently transitioning back to a paleo diet, so this go-round it's still "new"

-Do you plan on continuing with lower carb after your weight loss phase is complete and you transition into maintenance? Or, if you're already in maintenance do you think a lower carb focus will be part of your long term maintenance strategy? I'm not doing it for weight loss - so if it works, yes, I'll continue. If it doesn't work for what I'm trying it for, then I won't keep it up even for "weight loss."

-Why did you decide to go with a lower carb way of eating? I've been doing some research and am finding a fair bit of evidence that lower carb diets can help with TBI/RHI symptoms. Best for immediate treatment, but there does seem to be enough evidence even for longer-term symptoms that it's worth giving it a try. Not going to hurt anything, and if it helps, that would be AWESOME.