Grip Strength Observation

2»

Replies

• claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,329 Member
    I can do 2.01 mins but on a normal width bar. It was using a normal grip but I do oly lifting so hook grip everything usually - don’t know if that’s improved my grip? My programme also has hanging leg raises and pull ups with leg raises so that must all help I guess!
  • Spadesheart
    Spadesheart Posts: 463 Member
    I remember reading something recently that said that grip strength is heavily correlated with back strength. If true, I have to imagine those guys that dead-lift all day everyday are basically monkeys with their grip.
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,329 Member
    I remember reading something recently that said that grip strength is heavily correlated with back strength. If true, I have to imagine those guys that dead-lift all day everyday are basically monkeys with their grip.

That’s interesting - I do have a strong back 🤔
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member

That’s interesting - I do have a strong back 🤔

Always admire the posterior chain musculature of an Oly lifter. Trained in the lifts a dozen years ago and what a great experience and memory.