Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What are you, a bunch of cowboys?

trillianssistertrillianssister Posts: 11Member Member Posts: 11Member Member
Today the site keeps logging me out every time i try to log food. That's new. So far it's been "down for maintenance" (middle of the day, regularly), server errors (regularly). Congratulations, now some genius confused "log food" with "log off", and pushed it straight to production.
As a programmer, it takes a lot for me to complain about software. I know bugs happen. You guys, however, excel at just one thing: pissing people off. Have you ever heard of QUALITY CONTROL? Being agile doesn't mean you act like a bunch of cowboys. Please, get your act together.

Replies

• LyndaBSSLyndaBSS Posts: 6,789Member, Premium Member Posts: 6,789Member, Premium Member
    I happen to like cowboys. 😍

If you put in a ticket with the help desk, you'll get their attention. Here? Not so much.
  • Nixi3KnoxNixi3Knox Posts: 182Member Member Posts: 182Member Member
    I was JUST talking about this as well.
  • trillianssistertrillianssister Posts: 11Member Member Posts: 11Member Member
    Today and yesterday: intermittent "Bad Gateway".
  • thanos5thanos5 Posts: 508Member Member Posts: 508Member Member
    the 'maintenance' error is their way of saying 'something f'd up but we don't know what so we're posting this message'.
  • maureenkhildemaureenkhilde Posts: 700Member Member Posts: 700Member Member
    Yep, had the issue ealier in the week. Sent the email, and got the routine email back. But also was fixed in the hour. So to me all was good. Kind of like, ok I get it things go wrong, ok to vent. But also need to send email to correct place to get corrected.
  • CSARdiverCSARdiver Posts: 6,204Member Member Posts: 6,204Member Member
    Is this via the website or the app?

I rarely have issues with the app, but have a few with the site. Typically this is when I'm trying to enter food and it defaults out, but I suspect this has more to do with security software conflicts.
  • NoHookUpZoneNoHookUpZone Posts: 1,571Member, Premium Member Posts: 1,571Member, Premium Member
    Had nothing but problems with the app lately which got worse with the update
    The fun continues. Today, saving a Meal is an adventure. Saving a new meal acts like it works, but then it doesn't show up in the meals list. Attempting to save again, and it says the meal "already exists" (still not in the list). Attempting to "replace an existing meal" acts like it works, but then that meal also disappears from the list.
    The cowboys are riding!
  • SylvieKuchmaSylvieKuchma Posts: 235Member Member Posts: 235Member Member
    The fun continues. Today, saving a Meal is an adventure. Saving a new meal acts like it works, but then it doesn't show up in the meals list. Attempting to save again, and it says the meal "already exists" (still not in the list). Attempting to "replace an existing meal" acts like it works, but then that meal also disappears from the list.
    The cowboys are riding!

that happened to me like a week or so ago but, right after giving up when i got the exist warning i remembered it happened before and recalled that if i go to; food diary, click on add food and click on meal tab, it will be there for me to choose it and it was this time around too.. it does shows up on main meal list sometime later, how long later i don’t know for i paid no mind..
    I've observed this app for over two years, daily, and decided to start putting those issues out here only now. I get bugs. What I'm decrying is that this team of developers is careless and it's obvious that chaos reigns. Do you really believe they're providing you with this app out of altruism? Ad revenue and tie-ins more than pay for this "free" service.
    Cowboys, btw, is a 'technical term' which has nothing to do with your pervy fantasies, hun 😁

that happened to me like a week or so ago but, right after giving up when i got the exist warning i remembered it happened before and recalled that if i go to; food diary, click on add food and click on meal tab, it will be there for me to choose it and it was this time around too.. it does shows up on main meal list sometime later, how long later i don’t know for i paid no mind..
    None of this is true now. Case of a 'fix' that made things worse.
  • FitByFifty1970FitByFifty1970 Posts: 62Member Member Posts: 62Member Member
    Yes it's free but if it doesn't work it's pointless. For an issue between my phone's app and the website I reached out to them first and they were useless. I posted it separate but it's the total lack of effort that's the problem and it's why I posted here to show how inept they are. How can they possibly entice people to buy the premium? Bad business.
  • angel7274angel7274 Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    Last year I got the new Samsung tablet because my old one was no longer updating. The old one worked fine except for certain games and apps. MFP app worked on that one but not on the new one. I emailed back and forth for over a month and it was never fixed. Multiple what is your build, software, blah blah blah. They asked me 5x for this info. Finally I told them forget it. I open it on the web when home or on my phone if I really need the app. Today nothing works. At one point I put a recipe in 3x and then put it on my husbands account and it gave him 8 trillion calories. I'm to the point of just finding something else. I used this religiously before UA took over no problems ever. Now, smh. Whoops...just realized I was in my husbands account when I posted this :D
    edited September 30
    Today, the cowboys rode out again and updated the water consumption bit, which is now - of course - broken.
    Do these guys ever release code that doesn't kill kittens?
    edited November 21
  • jdscrubs32jdscrubs32 Posts: 487Member Member Posts: 487Member Member
    What I have noticed lately is that anytime you change your calories and macros, the app and desktop version dont sync so that on the app, you are left with the calories and macros before the change while on the desktop version you have the changed calories and macros. When this 1st happend, I emailed the help desk and they replied to say to sync the app, uninstall and reinstall it which I did and it worked. However since then and having changed calories and macros a few times, both still arent syncing and I'm still having to sync, uninstall and reinstall the app. It's very annoying.
    New as of yesterday: all the symbols (arrows, delete-x's, calendar icons) have turned into red squares (on Chrome).
  • cmriversidecmriverside Posts: 28,995Member Member Posts: 28,995Member Member
    New as of yesterday: all the symbols (arrows, delete-x's, calendar icons) have turned into red squares (on Chrome).

That's an intermittent thing I see on firefox too. The links still work, they just look weird.