ANW!!

lorrpb
lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
Anyone else get hooked on this show? What an amazing showdown this year. Putting in Fitness Forum because I am astounded at what those competitors accomplish! Even those who go out in qualifying are incredible.

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    At the beginning of each show where they show you each stage of the course, I go, "That's impossible, that's impossible, no real person can do that". And then I watch in awe as they do them.

I think the obstacles where they have to jump onto things that move, and grip tiny ledges blow my mind the most.

That finale was pretty exciting.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    I haven't watched it much since I moved outside the US, but I used to watch it an was always super impressed. I would love one day to learn how to do some of that stuff, but I mean I can't even doing close to an unassisted pull up, so I think I am a long way off on that. But as I keep losing weight and my fitness improves, maybe it cna possible. I feel like people who do the show have just such complete functional strength that it is probably useful in all aspects of life.

One of the ones I was most impressed with was Arrow star Steven Amill's run on the celebrity edition. He actually handled himself really well and got through the full celebrity course and part of the main course, including the salmon ladder. It was cool to see someone who is an actor actually have the physical chops reminiscent of the character they play.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    I love that show! I always feel sorry for the competitors who end up going first with a new obstacle because once someone finally figures it out everyone following has the benefit of seeing how to conquer it :D I like the thumbnail biographies too, fascinating the backgrounds people come from and how they train!