Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Unwanted advice at gym

1111213141517»

Replies

• gothchiqgothchiq Posts: 4,456Member Member Posts: 4,456Member Member
    I would say "okay, you've stated your opinion. I'm going to focus on my workout now. Goodbye." Then do not respond to anything else he says. If he actively harasses you, alert gym staff.
  • SchweddyGirlSchweddyGirl Posts: 240Member, Premium Member Posts: 240Member, Premium Member
    Roger that.
  • watts6151watts6151 Posts: 552Member, Premium Member Posts: 552Member, Premium Member
    Personally I give out unsolicited advice quite often, usually to young lads who aren’t sure
    How the perform an exercise correctly or safely, it’s how I learned back in the day.
    Most of the veteran trainers in my gym keep an eye on the newbies, nobody wants to see someone get potentially injured because they didn’t know how to use a machine correctly or are using really poor form on a compound lift. Most are very grateful for the assistance as it can be overwhelming joining a gym for the first time
  • tinkerbellang83tinkerbellang83 Posts: 7,338Member Member Posts: 7,338Member Member
    watts6151 wrote: »
    Personally I give out unsolicited advice quite often, usually to young lads who aren’t sure
    How the perform an exercise correctly or safely, it’s how I learned back in the day.
    Most of the veteran trainers in my gym keep an eye on the newbies, nobody wants to see someone get potentially injured because they didn’t know how to use a machine correctly or are using really poor form on a compound lift. Most are very grateful for the assistance as it can be overwhelming joining a gym for the first time

I think in this particular case, OP has followed up and said man in question also regularly makes a habit of using the workstation opposite her and made some weird attempt to get her phone number too, so behaviour seems a bit beyond the normal "keeping an eye on the noobs".