Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Please help with this argument- Intermittent fasting related

1111213141517»

Replies

• snickerscharliesnickerscharlie Posts: 8,318Member Member Posts: 8,318Member Member
    wmd1979 wrote: »
    According to research, there has been some really good benefits to IF. Yes, it is a way to restrict calories without necessarily counting them, but it has also been proven to help with blood pressure, blood sugar, and your overall digestive health, because you are extending your time without food, it gives the digestive system extra time to clear everything out and process everything. You feel less bloated (at least I do) you have more normal bowel movements and it helps regulate hunger because we all know that we are creatures of habit, so times feeding like IF helps teach your brain when to increase Ghrelin, the hunger hormone. You can combine it with Keto, low carb, low fat, Paleo, Mediterranean, DASH, or any other diet because essentially IF isn't a diet. It only controls when you eat, not what you eat. Hope that info helps some.

You know how I know you didn't read through the entire thread? Seriously, this is like the same *kitten* on repeat, and it's obvious that these people haven't read anything other than a blog post on a pro-IF site, or some other "expert" who is selling magical weight loss cures to sell books. It cracks me up when I hear claims about a diet "teaching" the body anything, because that assumes that our internal organs need to learn how to work properly. Thats not how it works. Thats not how any of this works.

Yup! That's right up there on the bs scale along with your digestive system needing a rest. If that's true, don't your heart and lungs deserve a few hours off every once in a while, too?
  • NorthCascadesNorthCascades Posts: 9,417Member Member Posts: 9,417Member Member
    So has this thread settled the debate on IF?
  • JthanmyfitnesspalJthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 2,023Member, Premium Member Posts: 2,023Member, Premium Member

No, but this article most positively and certainly does. Nothing at all to add, here.

Are There Benefits to Intermittent Fasting? (NY Times)

"The best diet is the one where you are healthy, hydrated and living your best life. If you want to fast, it offers similar weight-loss benefits to just cutting calories."

https://nyti.ms/2KNpYVM
    edited November 27
  • yukfooyukfoo Posts: 619Member Member Posts: 619Member Member

This debate will never end...Today. tomorrow, next week, next month. Just like the hundreds of pages that preceded this diatribe. Someone will ask again and again and off we go... again. lol
    edited November 27
  • raven56706raven56706 Posts: 903Member, Premium Member Posts: 903Member, Premium Member
    haha. i thought this would be just two pages when i started it awhile ago. The fact that it went to Nov 27th is heartwarming haha