Anyone else get hungrier during the winter/colder months?

2»

Replies

• TayaCurragh
    TayaCurragh Posts: 709 Member
    I'm the same.

I'm in the UK and I struggle when it starts getting dark early. At the moment it's dark by 4pm and it's not fun. With the lower temperatures I also find it a struggle to get myself to walk rather than drive into the office.

The only plus side is that this summer I brought a classic car so I'm trying to limit driving when it's wet and gritted outside, so I have some motivation to walk!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,526 Member
    I just popped in and out of maintenance (was there and am back to cutting back) and I don't know if it's eating more calories or the weather that increased my appetite. I am finding myself less likely to eat my "summer" salad, but some of those veggies also don't taste as good now that they're out-of-season. Things like zucchini and asparagus are less calories than in season produce like butternut squash and apples. I'm definitely wanting soups and chili a lot more now! Even though I mostly work out at home or at the gym it's been harder to get started, I just want to bundle up and read instead.