Just bought and INSTANT POT

2»

Replies

• aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    OldHobo wrote: »
    My Instant Pot just cooks beans.

That's what I primarily use mine for, and it does a very good job of it at that. Sometimes I'll make stock or broth in it as well, though I honestly prefer to make stock on the stove.
  • leonard41704
    leonard41704 Posts: 33 Member
    I probably use mine two or three times a week. I cook just about everything in it. I use recipes from the Yummly app, and I get a lot of pressure cooker recipes from www365daysofcrockpot.com. I suggest entering your email and subscribe to the free recipes.
  • hlinteo
    hlinteo Posts: 2 Member
    Try this site. I love her recipes. The Madison's taco meat and chicken parmesan in the IP our two of my families favorites. I also just do two chicken breasts with a jar of our favorite salsa, 15 minutes and then manual release. shred the chicken add back to the pot and serve as bowls, tacos, on a salad in enchiladas. So easy, fast and versatile.

https://www.skinnytaste.com/recipes/pressure-cooker/
  • Changing_Charity
    Changing_Charity Posts: 197 Member
    my favorite things to make in the instant pot are chicken fried rice and spaghetti and meat sauce! SO EASY!

Chicken Fried Rice

1 Tbsp Sesame oil
    1 lb chicken diced
    3 cups chicken broth
    2 cups uncooked rice ( i use basmati)
    1/2 cup soy sauce
    1 cup frozen carrots & peas

Set the pressure cooker to saute and add the sesame oil to the pot.
    Next add in the raw chicken. Stirring occasionally for about 5 mins.
    Once chicken looks mostly cooked, add the chicken broth, uncooked rice, soy sauce
    and any other spices you want to use. I add some garlic or ginger if I have it.
    Put the lid on and seal the vent. Hit the rice function. Adjust to 10 mins.
    Let it cook. Quick release the pressure
    Mix in the frozen veggies (the heat from the rice will cook them through)

Spaghetti With Meat Sauce

1 lb 96% lean ground beef
    1 24 oz jar Pasta Sauce
    1 24 oz jar Water
    1 8 oz can tomato sauce
    1/2 cup soy sauce
    1 16 oz box spaghetti
    any spices or garlic to taste

Set the instant pot to saute and cook the ground beef through. Add any salt, pepper, garlic powder, etc
    Pour in jar of pasta sauce
    Fill pasta sauce jar with water and pour in
    Add in tomato sauce and soy sauce
    Break spaghetti noodles in half and place in pot going different ways. It is okay if the noodles are not fully submerged.
    Put the lid on and seal the vent. Set to manual for 5 mins. Quick Release
    Once it is done, open pot and give it a good stir. It might look like there is a lot of liquid left...Let it rest for another 5 mins to let the noodles absorb any extra liquid. Comes out perfect!

• zuza0306
    zuza0306 Posts: 2 Member
    Have you tried ex hello fresh? They can deliver ready, fresh food to you on a daily basis. It's quite expensive though so it depends on your budget ;)
  • ABNana2614
    ABNana2614 Posts: 44 Member
    Yogurt is the thing I make the most in my Instant Pot. So easy and delicious! I make meatloaf, bbq ribs, chicken, zucchini lasagna, lots of different soups (hamburger soup is delicious). I love the Instant Pot!
  • seyeoh
    seyeoh Posts: 1 Member
    Join Philips All-in-One Cooker Community on Facebook. Lots of others.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    OldHobo wrote: »
    My Instant Pot just cooks beans.

That's so sad. It yearns for more excitement.

@kelleyhelm1 We use our instant pot to cook chicken ahead of time for other meals. This recipe works like a charm. You can substitute whatever spices you like.

https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a27211333/instant-pot-chicken-breasts-recipe/

We also make one pot meals like meatloaf, baby new potatoes and fresh green beans all at one time.

• moonangel12
    moonangel12 Posts: 971 Member
    Rice! We moved out of state and the Costco closest to us doesn’t carry the rice I used for years. I had it down pat - but the new rice? It was either crunchy, goo, or somehow both! I can cook rice perfectly every time! 1:1 ratio, hit the rice button and done!

Hard boiled eggs are wonderful as well! This is the rundown I used:
    https://www.pressurecookrecipes.com/pressure-cooker-soft-hard-boiled-eggs/

They have a lot of good recipes in general.

I do a lot of beef (we buy 1/2 cow at a time).

Sausage and rice. Brown the sausage, add onions, celery, carrots, mushrooms, some times cauliflower or other veggies, rice, chicken stock to ratio and a bay leaf... cook using the rice setting.