This October I Will...

1235»

Replies

• znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,984 Member
    Oct 1 - √Daily pick up/Shoulder Therapy
    Oct 2 - √Daily pick up/Arm workout video
    Oct 3- √Daily pick up/SilverSneaker Basics, Standing Ab, and Core workout
    Oct 4- √Daily pick up/Mini Resistance Band Workout & Weights for Biceps/Triceps
    Oct 5 - √Daily pick up/SilverSneaker Basics
    Oct 6- √Daily pick up/SilverSneaker Basics, Arm Video & Shoulder Therapy
    Oct 7 - √Daily pick up/SilverSneakerBasic 3, Shoulder Therapy, Experimenting with Bands
    Oct 8 - Oct 14 - Travel...
    Oct 15 - Sort of a Daily pick up/No extra exercise
    Oct 16 - Daily pick up (yes but room for improvement)/SilverSneaker Basics
    Oct 17 - Daily pick up (yes but room for improvement)/SilverSneaker Basics & MiniArm Video
    Oct 18 - Pickup/Silversneakers
    Oct 19 - Not really
    Oct 20 - Not really
    Oct 21 - Daily pick up/SSneakers, Shoulder therapy & stretching
    Missing days due to travel...

Oct 28 - Pickup & Workout
    Oct 29 - Pickup & Workout

Working to get back on track after a week of travel etc. While I tried to make changes, some worked and some did not. I am pleased that the picking up after myself seems to be following me regardless of where I am. Right now it feels good to get back to my quiet home life and regular routine.

@themedalist, I am glad to hear about the progress with your father. I am, however, so sorry to hear about your mother. I hope that with your help, she can move towards making some positive changes. And hopefully there are no more falls. That is so scary.

@77tes, big hugs!!! I sure hope things are getting better for you!!!

Waving hello to all!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,328 Member
    @themedalist I'm happy to hear from you! I'm sorry that you are going through such stressful life events though. If anyone can help your mom get more active and your dad back in shape, it's you! I'm keeping you and your parents in my prayers, my friend!

Hugs to everyone! I miss you when I don't hop on. I've been lurking and catching up the last few days but sometimes it's all I can fit in these days!

October has been going well. I have managed to do at least one self-care thing for myself every day this month and I'm happy to say that my emotions are much more under control again. My dad's surgery and cancer treatment is done and he is doing well. My mom is managing a bit better and feeling a little stronger every week since the passing of my stepdad. My family is holding it's own and doing well right now. Work is getting less stressful and I feel like I'm getting my self-confidence back a bit.

So, all in all, it's been a successful month, even though I have not logged each day to show it! I'm pleased with my progress.

Looking forward to November's thread and plan to be much more active next month!

Hugs 'n Love :heart:
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,728 Member
    @PackerFanInGB , it is so good to hear that your month has been going well for you. It really made my day to hear that you've had a respite from all the problems you've been dealing with.
    kdsn40e1vc1j.jpg
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,328 Member
    Thank you @77tes ! It’s a very welcome respite! 😊
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,645 Member
    @znaoiec It takes awhile for things to get back to "normal" after traveling. I like routine almost as much as I enjoy traveling, and I'll take both if I can have them.

@PackerFanInGB It's good to hear that you're feeling better these days. Giving yourself permission to take care of your needs when others need you, too, is important. Congrats on a successful October!
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,645 Member
    Here's a wrap-up of October. My goal of not eating after 8:00 started out great and even when I was on vacation, it simply wasn't an issue. Then I got home with major sleep deprivation and babysitting duties and my discipline and routine just fell apart. I just didn't pay attention and I didn't keep track of my progress in that area.

Also, the steps goal was one that I continue to have to work at. So much of the time I am busy with seated activities that I have to make myself get up and walk around every hour. Recently I've been spending anywhere from 2-4 hours a day sorting and editing pictures. With over 2,000 pictures taken between my husband and I, it's a real process!!! I've whittled them down to 1,000 and will be taking it even further because we took a lot of the same ones and I can decide on the best ones next. I averaged about 10/13 active hours on good weeks, less than 5 on the really bad ones, but I keep working at it.

I will consider my photography goal a success. The study and practice I did before we left for Iceland helped me take a few pics of the northern lights...not perfect, but better than anyone else that was there, I believe. I tried different settings but really need to practice this because I'm not sure I will be happy with some of my attempts once they're printed. It's a steep learning curve for me.

All in all, the first half of October was pretty great. The third week in Iceland was absolutely amazing! The next week at home was tough, but I survived and am ready to move on to November.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,963 Member
    I updated my October results twice & MFP quit both times- can’t face it again.

Bottom line. I got serious Oct 26 about lowering cals by reducing carbs & upping protein a tad. Keeping net carbs between 135-145g.

Jan 1 155
    Oct 26 158
    Oct 31 155.2

Goal. Jan 1, 2020 155 or under.

I feel much more confident about maintenance now that I’ve found the Key for me.

Now I know I can lose it if I need to.
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,658 Member
    I’m updating late, but I’m out of town and didn’t bring my log, so I’m trying to remember. I’m pretty sure I did well on the 29th o:) and the 30th o:) . But I know definitely an ❌ on the 31st as I was getting ready to leave town.

PackerFanin, I absolutely was over the moon 🌙 happy at your wonderful post! I am looking forward to you being here more in November.

NebSip and MadisonMolly, I enjoyed reading both of your great updates and summaries 🌷! Well done!!

:flowerforyou: