Newbie: Fatty liver

Options
Hey there! Joined To track movement and nutrition. I’m 61, fat, recently diagnosed with fatty liver. I have a 13 yo daughter (yes, I was old when I gave birth). I’m trying Mediterranean diet. I’m down a few pounds from starting weight. Looking for others dealing with liver disease.

Replies

• LeeH31
    LeeH31 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I, too, have a fatty liver, my doctor recommended lowering carbs for me as I am also pre-diabetic. I am NOT doing a keto diet, nor are my carbs super low, but I have lost 17 pounds in about a month and a half.

This site is great for tracking. I need to "see" progress and tracking helps me make better eating and exercise decisions.

What are you doing for exercise?
  • elifmemis
    elifmemis Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I was just diagnosed with the same problem. It took me years to get my weight down, now with a fatty liver I got really scared. I started using this book and my levels are starting to reach a normal level. It’s a lot of work but it’s worth having control of your body.

Medical Medium Liver Rescue: Answers to Eczema, Psoriasis, Diabetes, Strep, Acne, Gout, Bloating, Gallstones, Adrenal Stress, Fatigue, Fatty Liver, Weight Issues, SIBO & Autoimmune Disease https://www.amazon.com/dp/1401954405/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_3vIYDbQW70A12
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    mrslbm wrote: »
    Hey there! Joined To track movement and nutrition. I’m 61, fat, recently diagnosed with fatty liver. I have a 13 yo daughter (yes, I was old when I gave birth). I’m trying Mediterranean diet. I’m down a few pounds from starting weight. Looking for others dealing with liver disease.

Losing weight, regular movement (walking in my case) and slowly moving towards an overall healthy diet (more in line with the med diet) and cutting out all alcohol is what I did after getting the diagnosis with 33. My last 3 blood panels came back with liver markers all in the green. Btw I'm 38 now. :smiley:

Congrats on making the first move in the right direction. Just take it slow. A fatty liver sucks, but its thankfully a disease that gives you time to make changes. Successfully making those changes towards a healthier you will also mean many more years you can be there for your daughter!

Good luck! :heart: