Squat Challenge!

13»

Replies

• jimboden3
    jimboden3 Posts: 304 Member
    I'm still pushing ahead but after two nights of celebrating I've had two tough morning sessions to get them done so I'm going to ues the break day to reset and get recharged. I'm surprised how much I can feel it in my backside, quads and hamstrings. The biggest change though is a sense of accomplishment that I can do this. I'm planning to keep going until I hit 300 with a break every 4 days - after that, I need to figure out what my new 'normal' day will be (maybe 100) as I want to keep this going to some degree even after I start the next challenge (pushups or planks maybe?) Bottom line - I'm glad I'm doing this.
  • robinlynnettec
    robinlynnettec Posts: 17 Member
    Can we start the challenge again
  • jimboden3
    Almost forgot my squats today! I had to run to work and had to split 240 between am & pm.

Robin - I'm actually stretching my schedule to 34 days to take it up to 300 squats so unless they close it out, I'd say go for it. I actually added the schedule to a repeating calendar entry to make it easy to recall where I left off (Now that I'm 51, reminders are helpful!) Best of luck in your challenge.
  • jimboden3
    250 Squats early morning work-out. Great work-out despite terrible night of sleep! I think I found my sweet spot of reps (25) for my post 300 challenge. I'm thinking about fitting 4 sets of 25, 3-4 times / week in my work out to keep lower body in shape.
  • jimboden3
    Late getting to work to fit 260 in before breakfast but got them done
  • robinlynnettec
    robinlynnettec Posts: 17 Member
    I do 20 squats every time I wash my hands. I'm a CNA so I wash or sanitize at least 15× a day. I also started including 20 heel rises each time.
  • jimboden3
    I took a bit of a break with out of town trip but completed Day 34 with 290 Squats (40 in the morning, 100 before dinner, 150 after dinner). I was pretty sore after 280 so I think I'm going to wait a day and finish with 300 on Wednesday morning to wrap up my squat challenge!
  • jimboden3
    Finished 300 squats this morning (a little longer than planned at 39 days). I enjoyed the challenge - now it's time to get back to the upper body 30 day challenge so I don't fall behind there.