Has anyone consistently lost 8-10 pounds monthly?

2»

Replies

• Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    I've lost about 20 pounds in 2.5 months, and 3-4 lbs before that -- so about 24 lbs in 3 months (averaging 8 lbs a month).

I'm very happy with what I'm eating and not doing extreme exercise. I usually walk/jog outside about 5.5 miles a day, but I'm getting over an injury and have reduced my exercise for the past 3 weeks. My weight right now is 6 lbs outside "normal." After I reach "normal," I intend to keep doing the same things. I enjoy the food I'm eating and am getting plenty of nutrition.
  • toetotoe
    toetotoe Posts: 11 Member
    I started this in August. I'm 6'5" and was 250 when i started and I'm currently at 218. I try to watch and meet every number they gave me and not just the calories. When I'm doing good with weight loss it's because I'm at the calories they wanted me to be, i try to keep my sodium and cholesterol lower than what they gave and try to match the macros of fat, carbs and protein. I also have the mfp app coupled with my fitbit.
    I hope that can be helpful
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,581 Member
    edited October 2019
    I had lost a bunch of weight before I joined MFP.

My first year on MFP I went from about 240.6 to 168.1 <-72.5> or an effective deficit of 695 a day or 21.35% of my TDEE.

This was plenty fast enough. It took me another year during which I lost another 11.1lbs at a deficit of 106 Cal a day or 3.14% of TDEE to end up in the upper ranges of normal BMI, fully "catch up" with my loss and stop double checking my pant legs before committing to pushing a second leg through :smiley:

In my opinion a 20% of TDEE deficit limit (25% while carrying energy reserve levels that would properly classify one as medically obese) makes sense!

10lbs a month will not be suitable for people who don't have a lot to lose. And even for this sub-set, compliance, sustainability, and time to internalise changes should come before speed!
  • Cat_A_89
    Cat_A_89 Posts: 93 Member
    I started at 225 as a 5'2 female and have lost 50 pounds in 5 months but it has slowed down and I also upd my calories because Ive started working out 6 days a week so now I lose on average a pound a week
  • koalathebear
    koalathebear Posts: 236 Member
    I lost 4kg a month in the early days but as I approached goal, I slowed it down to 1/2kg a week and then 1/2 kg every few weeks because I wanted the transition to maintenance to be easy rather than traumatic
  • bscoordsen2
    bscoordsen2 Posts: 1 Member
    I started at 245 lbs, and today I'm 190. Down 55 lbs in 5 and a half months. I eat 1300-1400 calories a day, and walk 3-4 miles nearly every day. I'm 51. It's just been a steady loss the whole time. I don't have a firm goal weight, but I probably have 30-35 more lbs to go.