How do I log this activity?

ai4gk
ai4gk Posts: 1 Member
edited October 2019 in Fitness and Exercise
This evening I spent about 1.5 to 2 hours standing at the rear of a semi trailer catching pumpkins and handing them off to others. How do I log this as exercise?

Replies

• riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    I use a fitness watch, so the extra hand movements would be logged anyway. I might manually enter a workout if nothing seems to fit.
    Are you thinking of logging it for cardio? or weight training? I sometimes have this dilemma when I do something like help a friend move furniture for a few ours. Way more than my normal activity level but not an actual workout. I usually find something similar or just manually log it using an educated guess.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    There are entries for moving household items, but I suggest don’t log more than half the time since you weren’t actually moving that much.
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    edited October 2019
    unloading a truck of pumpkins. Hm....How about estimate the average weight of pumpkins, the number moved, and logging it as weight-lifting with that many reps. Pick a kind of lifting that is closest to what you did. Bicep curls? Whatever.

too bad you weren't wearing an activity tracker, but you know those make us lazy about logging we expect too much to be automatic these days.