Calorie Counter

Message Boards Debate: Health and Fitness
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

How do you define "Curvy?"

124»

Replies

• riffwalkdaleriffwalkdale Member Posts: 242 Member Member Posts: 242 Member
    Wait, so an hourglass wouldn't necessarily be curvy? What about big hips and thighs, but smaller boobs? Would that be curvy? I consider myself curvy, but reading this thread has made me second guess.
  • pitbullpuppypitbullpuppy Member Posts: 104 Member Member Posts: 104 Member
    "A woman's breast to hip ratio. Bust, Waist, and Hips measurements. Often plump women claim to be curvy, but their curves are hidden under a layer of fat so really can't tell if they have curves or not.
    Marilyn Monroe, Beyonce Knowles, hourglass Figures, curves"

Beyonce and Marilyn are hour glass figures with an extra 20-40lbs on them (but maintained a waist). When they turn to the side (profile-view), their breasts and behind should still be noticeably curved (not flat) with relatively flat stomachs. Skinny curvy girls (Victoria's Secret) aren't really considered curvy, just slim. IMO, It's a term for high normal (maybe even overweight) BMI hourglass figures.
  • VeryKatieVeryKatie Member Posts: 5,551 Member Member Posts: 5,551 Member
    For me, curvy means shapely - ie you have many different curves. Big differences between bust, waist, hips, thighs, knees, calves. You can be curvy at any size. Specific sizes are not the definition of curvy. If you are thin, you can be curvy or not. If you are overweight, you can be curvy or not. Depends on bone structure and where you store your fat.
    edited May 28