Binging....once again

This is the 3rd or 4th time that I've binged this week. I obviously feel terrible and I don't know what to do. I've been so bloated that I don't even feel comfortable walking around my house without wearing heavy layers of clothing. Because of all of these, I've considered either doing prolonged fast or eating only fruits and vegetables. I'm just so tired and fustrated.

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    What are you having trouble with that's making you give up?
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Last month you were undereating to start and then not eating back exercise calories - did you address that? Undereating can definitely lead to binges. https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10763345/what-am-i-doing-wrong-this-time

You were also eating very unbalanced meals - almost no protein - did you correct that? https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10763695/do-marconutrients-matter/p1

I've said this on at least two of your threads:
    Honeyacid wrote: »
    I've noticed that majority of my diet has been comprised of carbs so I wanted to try something new. Most of the time I try to stay away from meat and dairy but I'll be willing to try out a keto-like lifestyle for awhile. In addition to this diet, I'll also be doing omad (hopefully I don't get too hungry). If you guys have any recipes please feel free to post them in this discussion. :)

And before I end this post, I wanted to know if you have to get enough calories on a keto diet? I know it might seem like a dumb question but, after coming home from work I'd normally eat oatmeal and fruits and stuff, but I just don't see myself getting full off of meat.

Good news! Despite the hype, you do not need to do keto or OMAD to lose weight. I know plenty of healthy and fit vegans who eat upwards of 60% carbs. They however, make legumes the staple of their diets. Perhaps you would find rice and beans more filling than oatmeal and fruit.

What is your current protein goal and how well do you hit it?

h27zjawgvyoy.jpg

My protein goal is around 60 grams. but I rarely ever hit that goal
    Instead of focusing on eliminating or greatly restricting your carbs while you seem to prefer not to eat meat or dairy, it might be more productive to focus on ways to work more protein into your diet, whether that be from eggs, legumes, soy milk, seitan, higher-protein grains like quinoa, whatever meat/poultry/fish/dairy you do like or at least don't mind, or protein powders.

@Honeyacid I will eat and eat and eat and never feel satisfied if I don't get enough protein, so I suggest the first thing you do is to up your protein, which you can do with the plant-based and other suggestions above.

I used to think there was something wrong with me - turned out all I needed was more protein.

@kshama2001 pulling the receipts!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Last month you were undereating to start and then not eating back exercise calories - did you address that? Undereating can definitely lead to binges. https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10763345/what-am-i-doing-wrong-this-time

You were also eating very unbalanced meals - almost no protein - did you correct that? https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10763695/do-marconutrients-matter/p1

I've said this on at least two of your threads:
    I've noticed that majority of my diet has been comprised of carbs so I wanted to try something new. Most of the time I try to stay away from meat and dairy but I'll be willing to try out a keto-like lifestyle for awhile. In addition to this diet, I'll also be doing omad (hopefully I don't get too hungry). If you guys have any recipes please feel free to post them in this discussion. :)

And before I end this post, I wanted to know if you have to get enough calories on a keto diet? I know it might seem like a dumb question but, after coming home from work I'd normally eat oatmeal and fruits and stuff, but I just don't see myself getting full off of meat.

Good news! Despite the hype, you do not need to do keto or OMAD to lose weight. I know plenty of healthy and fit vegans who eat upwards of 60% carbs. They however, make legumes the staple of their diets. Perhaps you would find rice and beans more filling than oatmeal and fruit.

What is your current protein goal and how well do you hit it?

h27zjawgvyoy.jpg

My protein goal is around 60 grams. but I rarely ever hit that goal
    Instead of focusing on eliminating or greatly restricting your carbs while you seem to prefer not to eat meat or dairy, it might be more productive to focus on ways to work more protein into your diet, whether that be from eggs, legumes, soy milk, seitan, higher-protein grains like quinoa, whatever meat/poultry/fish/dairy you do like or at least don't mind, or protein powders.

@Honeyacid I will eat and eat and eat and never feel satisfied if I don't get enough protein, so I suggest the first thing you do is to up your protein, which you can do with the plant-based and other suggestions above.

I used to think there was something wrong with me - turned out all I needed was more protein.

@kshama2001 pulling the receipts!

The more we know, the better advice we can give ;)

In this case, though, probably the best advice is to seek professional help for the binges.