so disgusted with myself

2»

Replies

• misclaire81
    misclaire81 Posts: 33 Member
    Weight loss and weight management are not just about what you put in your mouth and how many calories you burn, it's about your mental health as well. Realising that you're worth taking care of and worth putting first is tough mental shift, and it only becomes a permanent habit if you're consistent with it. I find keeping a journal really helped me, and every day I would write down something positive about myself, and something I was grateful for. It doesn't have to be earth shattering, it could just be 'I tried something on in a store and didn't cry when it didn't fit me'.. or 'I looked at my reflection and didn't hate what I saw' .. or 'I didn't saying anything negative about myself today'.. it's small steps, one day at a time, and we all need to cut ourselves some slack! This is not something you do and then stop, it is a lifestyle shift, and life can have ups and downs, and that's ok. Be kind to yourself, always.
  • MercuryForce
    MercuryForce Posts: 104 Member
    My advice is to give yourself goals that aren’t related to your weight to work toward as well. For example, at the start of this year I got it in my head that I wanted to run a half-marathon so on a whim, I signed up for one. I wasn’t at my goal weight when I signed up and I wasn’t at my goal weight when I ran it in September but it was such an awesome, huge accomplishment for me and if felt great to have that completely separate from what I weighed at the moment.

My dietitian has me doing this as well. Mine aren't quite as big as a half marathon. But, even if the weight coming off at a rate I'd like, she helped remind me that I no longer get afternoon headaches because I'm eating breakfast and lunch daily, I've done a better job of incorporating fruits and vegetables into my diet, and I am going to the gym 2-3 times a week. Those lifestyle changes aren't nothing and are just as meaningful as any changes on the scale.