Scared of weight gain on vacation

2»

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    tuckerrj wrote: »
    I know that a majority of folks will tell you to relax and eat whatever your want. To tell you the truth, I "discovered" I don't have to over-eat in order to enjoy myself on vacation. Yeah, I try new foods, especially local specialties. But it doesn't have to be to great excess. Also I/we walk more, I'll use the exercise room and/or swimming pool if the accommodations have them. We've gone on vacation twice in the last 5 months (during my 40 lb. weight loss period) and I had no more than normal fluctuations in my weight loss progress.

I am comfortable eating more but I believe that my epiphany along the way of always having some form of restriction even if it is the loose set of rules I posted up-thread means I am always exercising some mindfulness. What works for others though is fine for them. I am, however, not comfortable opening my floodgates completely. Plus what I posted is, to me, common sense unless a person really wants to eat 2 steaks at dinner.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    edited November 2019
    I spent 2 weeks in France in Sept., eating all the cheese, bread, desserts and pastries, and drinking wine. Gained maybe 2 pounds because of how much walking we did. Got sick immediately after getting home and then had oral surgery, with the result that I am only now getting back to my normal eating and workout routine. I gained only another 2 pounds. So enjoy your vacation, stay active during it, and get back on track when you get home.