What’s the hardest part for you?

13»

Replies

• mitch239
    mitch239 Posts: 77 Member
    The hardest part is the boredom eating. Its not too bad when I'm at work all day but on my days off. Any progress that I've made throughout the week goes out the window. Could do with finding a hobby ideally 😂
  • GuessimGryffindor
    GuessimGryffindor Posts: 642 Member
    All or nothing attitude, has had me stuck for too long. Loosing weight... the easiest hardest thing to do.
  • jhanleybrown
    jhanleybrown Posts: 240 Member
    Fluctuations. I'm in the need to lose 20 lbs group (7-8 lbs down over about 8 weeks so far...so 13 to go). So I'm losing about a 1 lb per week. Hard part is getting on the scale after 3 solid days and being a lb and a half heavier.

Know its water weight and normal, blah, blah, blah: it still sucks. When you are losing a lb a week, a fluctuation feels like two weeks of effort got wiped out.

• Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Maintenance. It's takes just as much effort to maintain weight stability as it does to lose.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Getting discouraged, comparing myself to my past self, worried I will never get my physique and strength back where it used to be.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,966 Member
    My fundamentally hedonistic inclinations: I need to work to give some love to my future self, who needs me to stay healthy and strong. Year 4 of maintenance, and this is still the pivotal thing.

I'm pretty good on the activity front: Most of what I do, I'd do for fun, even if it weren't good for me. It's the food. And the fact that my favorite craft beers are the sturdier IPAs, so I'm looking at a big chunk of the day's calories for a pint.