Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Low calorie, protein packed pancakes.

just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 8,031Member Member Posts: 8,031Member Member
in Recipes
A perfect well balanced breakfast if you like.

kpgmbh2s9sue.jpg

Get:
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 Egg
200g (1 cup), 0% Cottage Cheese (I use Nordica)
1 Scoop, Vanilla protein powder (I use ON Whey)
50g Oat Fiber
0.25 cup, Monkfruit Sweetener (any will do but this is what I use)
zd4d19u07ui7.jpg


Do:
Separate the egg and add the yolk to cottage cheese.
Mush cottage cheese and the yolk until well blended. it will still be grainy. Dont worry.

1aqxubmt7dtz.jpg


Add in the dry ingredients and mix until combined.

jp2a99ol4bzg.jpg


Whip the egg white and add it to the mix. Fold it in until combined.
Heat up your non stick pan and add scoops of the mixture. I used ice cream scoop.

8eyzqa888y0a.jpg


Cover the pan and let it be for 5 minutes. You will notice that they rise up and expand.
Uncover, flip and *kitten* 5 more minutes.

yt3b9ud4l878.jpg


Top with powdered sweetened and walden pancake syrup. I got 10 cakes.

Nutrition Facts
Servings 1.0
Amount Per Serving
calories 380
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 10 g 15 %
Saturated Fat 5 g 23 %
Monounsaturated Fat 2 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 206 mg 69 %
Sodium 1022 mg 43 %
Potassium 69 mg 2 %
Total Carbohydrate 110 g 37 %
Dietary Fiber 46 g 186 %
Sugars 13 g
Protein 56 g 113 %
Vitamin A 13 %
Vitamin C 4 %
Calcium 67 %
Iron 12 %
edited October 2019

Replies

  • purplefizzypurplefizzy Posts: 486Member Member Posts: 486Member Member
  • kelly_c_77kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,601Member Member Posts: 5,601Member Member
    Is oat fiber like oat flour? Could I just grind up some oats..or will I need to go shopping?
    TIA
  • Pipsqueak1965Pipsqueak1965 Posts: 328Member Member Posts: 328Member Member
    I've just googled - oat fibre isn't the same as ground up oats (although you could use those - I make protein pancakes with oats, protein powder, eggs). It seems to be very low carb and basically indigestible, but soaks up tons of water, so filling, but doesn't hang around!
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 8,031Member Member Posts: 8,031Member Member
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Is oat fiber like oat flour? Could I just grind up some oats..or will I need to go shopping?
    TIA

    Nope. Not at all. @Pipsqueak1965 described it perfectly. This is what I use.
    514ro%2BhXQLL._AC_SY400_.SR420,420_.jpg

    Oat_Fiber_Back_1024x1024.jpg?v=1565205372
  • quiksylver296quiksylver296 Posts: 26,102Member Member Posts: 26,102Member Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »


    Cover the pan and let it be for 5 minutes. You will notice that they rise up and expand.
    Uncover, flip and *kitten* 5 more minutes.


    What did you do here, @just_Tomek?!? :laugh:
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 8,031Member Member Posts: 8,031Member Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »


    Cover the pan and let it be for 5 minutes. You will notice that they rise up and expand.
    Uncover, flip and *kitten* 5 more minutes.


    What did you do here, @just_Tomek?!? :laugh:

    Lol hahahahahaha sometimes 5min of good *kitten* is enough hehe
  • renydo2renydo2 Posts: 990Member Member Posts: 990Member Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    A perfect well balanced breakfast if you like.

    kpgmbh2s9sue.jpg

    Get:
    1 tsp Baking Powder
    1 Egg
    200g (1 cup), 0% Cottage Cheese (I use Nordica)
    1 Scoop, Vanilla protein powder (I use ON Whey)
    50g Oat Fiber
    0.25 cup, Monkfruit Sweetener (any will do but this is what I use)
    zd4d19u07ui7.jpg


    Do:
    Separate the egg and add the yolk to cottage cheese.
    Mush cottage cheese and the yolk until well blended. it will still be grainy. Dont worry.

    1aqxubmt7dtz.jpg


    Add in the dry ingredients and mix until combined.

    jp2a99ol4bzg.jpg


    Whip the egg white and add it to the mix. Fold it in until combined.
    Heat up your non stick pan and add scoops of the mixture. I used ice cream scoop.

    8eyzqa888y0a.jpg


    Cover the pan and let it be for 5 minutes. You will notice that they rise up and expand.
    Uncover, flip and *kitten* 5 more minutes.

    yt3b9ud4l878.jpg


    Top with powdered sweetened and walden pancake syrup. I got 10 cakes.

    Nutrition Facts
    Servings 1.0
    Amount Per Serving
    calories 380
    % Daily Value *
    Total Fat 10 g 15 %
    Saturated Fat 5 g 23 %
    Monounsaturated Fat 2 g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g
    Trans Fat 0 g
    Cholesterol 206 mg 69 %
    Sodium 1022 mg 43 %
    Potassium 69 mg 2 %
    Total Carbohydrate 110 g 37 %
    Dietary Fiber 46 g 186 %
    Sugars 13 g
    Protein 56 g 113 %
    Vitamin A 13 %
    Vitamin C 4 %
    Calcium 67 %
    Iron 12 %

    are each one of those pancakes a serving? or are all ten a serving? clueless.
  • serindipteserindipte Posts: 1,488Member Member Posts: 1,488Member Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Is oat fiber like oat flour? Could I just grind up some oats..or will I need to go shopping?
    TIA

    Nope. Not at all. @Pipsqueak1965 described it perfectly. This is what I use.
    514ro%2BhXQLL._AC_SY400_.SR420,420_.jpg

    Oat_Fiber_Back_1024x1024.jpg?v=1565205372

    What's on the bottom of the bag??
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 8,031Member Member Posts: 8,031Member Member
    renydo2 wrote: »
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    A perfect well balanced breakfast if you like.

    kpgmbh2s9sue.jpg

    Get:
    1 tsp Baking Powder
    1 Egg
    200g (1 cup), 0% Cottage Cheese (I use Nordica)
    1 Scoop, Vanilla protein powder (I use ON Whey)
    50g Oat Fiber
    0.25 cup, Monkfruit Sweetener (any will do but this is what I use)
    zd4d19u07ui7.jpg


    Do:
    Separate the egg and add the yolk to cottage cheese.
    Mush cottage cheese and the yolk until well blended. it will still be grainy. Dont worry.

    1aqxubmt7dtz.jpg


    Add in the dry ingredients and mix until combined.

    jp2a99ol4bzg.jpg


    Whip the egg white and add it to the mix. Fold it in until combined.
    Heat up your non stick pan and add scoops of the mixture. I used ice cream scoop.

    8eyzqa888y0a.jpg


    Cover the pan and let it be for 5 minutes. You will notice that they rise up and expand.
    Uncover, flip and *kitten* 5 more minutes.

    yt3b9ud4l878.jpg


    Top with powdered sweetened and walden pancake syrup. I got 10 cakes.

    Nutrition Facts
    Servings 1.0
    Amount Per Serving
    calories 380
    % Daily Value *
    Total Fat 10 g 15 %
    Saturated Fat 5 g 23 %
    Monounsaturated Fat 2 g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g
    Trans Fat 0 g
    Cholesterol 206 mg 69 %
    Sodium 1022 mg 43 %
    Potassium 69 mg 2 %
    Total Carbohydrate 110 g 37 %
    Dietary Fiber 46 g 186 %
    Sugars 13 g
    Protein 56 g 113 %
    Vitamin A 13 %
    Vitamin C 4 %
    Calcium 67 %
    Iron 12 %

    are each one of those pancakes a serving? or are all ten a serving? clueless.

    The whole thing is a serving. Basically breakfast. Whether you make one or twenty pancakes, and you eat them all, thats a serving. 380cal and 56g protein.
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 8,031Member Member Posts: 8,031Member Member
    serindipte wrote: »
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Is oat fiber like oat flour? Could I just grind up some oats..or will I need to go shopping?
    TIA

    Nope. Not at all. @Pipsqueak1965 described it perfectly. This is what I use.
    514ro%2BhXQLL._AC_SY400_.SR420,420_.jpg

    Oat_Fiber_Back_1024x1024.jpg?v=1565205372

    What's on the bottom of the bag??

    Ever looked under a bag forgot to seal it?
  • gothchiqgothchiq Posts: 4,445Member Member Posts: 4,445Member Member
    Why did it censor what I assume was the word "cook"? I don't even... keep your kittens away from the stove, mfp....
Sign In or Register to comment.