What are your emotional triggers?

Options
13»

Replies

• nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    I forgot this one bit this article reminded me....any abuse towards animals makes me want to abuse the abuser. People suck!

j518yu5swse2.png

Omg this breaks my heart 😢

• amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    I forgot this one bit this article reminded me....any abuse towards animals makes me want to abuse the abuser. People suck!

j518yu5swse2.png

I know Perth very well, guy was probably a tweaker. So sad, animals are always the innocent victims
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    nooshi713 wrote: »

j518yu5swse2.png

I know Perth very well, guy was probably a tweaker. So sad, animals are always the innocent victims

Poor birdie. 😢😢😢

• J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    Toy Story movies
  • bojack5
    bojack5 Posts: 2,859 Member
    Options
    Im either dead inside or suppressing a shitload of emotion......i got nuthin
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options
    Airports remind me when I got shipped off to go live with my dad.

Snow reminds me of Chicago
  • Frieswithdatshake
    Frieswithdatshake Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Ghosting/being ignored on purpose/general abandonment.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    coco by Chanel perfume

Opium, Paris by YSL, Bill Blass... all my mom through the years.

ooh yes to all of this. And Clinique Aromatic Elixir, that will always remind me of my mom.

Liz by Liz Claiborne takes me back to middle school, I swear I can almost hear Pump Up The Jam by Technotronic when I smell it. Also lots of hair products take me back, like anything Aussie (middle school again), Herbal Essences (high school), and Paul Mitchell (college). Endless.
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    All My Exes Live in Texas and similar era country music makes me think about my grandpa singing. Also, the sound of an iron steaming. My grandma would allow me to iron my grandpa's hankies when she did his shirts/pants.

Creamy peanut butter softened on a crunchy toasted Thomas english muffin at my p-grandmas house.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    All of my mother's home cooking and her sisters, too. That woman can throw anything into the pot, kick the oven door shut and throw supper on the table at 5 pm. It will be good every single time and blow your toasty socks right off your feet.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Roaring crowds ... The smell of beer marinated lamb chop BBQ... Huge stadium cushions ... Picnic basket ... Esque. ..Sloshed passionfruit juice or coconut water ... The smell of sweat and Deep heat muscle relaxant ... RUGBY weekends with my Dad.

I make it a point to follow his teams to this day in his honor. I get a smorgasbord of emotions. ... There are times when it hits me and I cry or well up with controlled tears ... And at other times, I merely revel in it, smile and celebrate his life.
  • 777Gemma888
    edited October 2019
    Options
    The smell of boxing gyms ... Speed balls ... Tyre weighted boxing bags with duct tape ... Whipping sounds of the jump rope ...slip lines taped onto the cement floor with masking tape ... Droplets of or pools of sweat being mopped up ... Gym bags lined up to one side ... Boxing gloves hanging from hooks by homemade lockers ...Gumball machines ... Arcade video games ... Women in short short denim skirts, full face makeup, bright red lippers, enough Impulse deodorant to wake the dead loitering outside .... I flash back to my uncle ( #5 in my mum's family, who lived with us in our house and was practically like our older brother) . An avid boxing enthusiast he was ... Going to his boxing club and matches with him was never boring.

Still on my uncle ... Tall glasses of milk with Milo & cookies. It was our after kindie ritual with him, as he would collect us from there and take us home, before dropping us off to garden with the Marist Brothers.

Ahhhhh .... Beautiful cactus' of all kinds and heirloom roses... We would toddle about helping one brother or more as they tended to the gardens in the front of school or the veggie plots in the back, near the boarding house my paternal grandfather paid to have erected. These Irish brothers were like grandfathers to us. We spent more time with them than our real granddads. One was an Olympian for GB in his heyday Brother T, so he made certain we learnt his style of executing the perfect discus, shotput and javelin throw. ROFL ... Hated doing it @training in my teens, as he would insist I trained with his boys. Embarrassing then, a fond memory which makes me smile now.
  • isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    MrAcavano wrote: »
    I thought all mine were negative till I started reading this thread. Now I can only think of good ones. Like Bleach. The smell of bleach makes me want ice cream. I use to work at a Dairy Queen as a kid and when we closed up for the night we’d clean the place with this cleaner that had a heavy bleach smell. When we were done I’d always eat ice cream.

I like this one. I used to work at baskinrobbins...big rats bring back good times
  • 777Gemma888
    Options
    Airports remind me when I got shipped off to go live with my dad.

Snow reminds me of Chicago

Seeing the Air NZ koru logo and the Qantas jumping kangaroo logo reminds me of being sprayed before disembarking for boarding school in NZ - they need to protect their agriculture . My ONLY negative airport experience.
  • mtndewme
    mtndewme Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Brisk air and bright stadium lights take me back to the third grade when I was a little cheerleader.
  • 777Gemma888
    Options
    The "What's on your mind" post about a cover between Ray Davies and Metallica. Flashed back to my junior social at St Mary's hall. My first pakeha boyfriend Hamish, that everyone called 'He Man' as he was an 17 year old deadringer then. Not so much today, as he resembles a Dad-bod Thor in a cute teddy bear kinda way. I didn't really listen to this song, but it was our song soooo corny.

https://youtu.be/OK-HxtEKs7c
  • MrAcavano
    MrAcavano Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    MrAcavano wrote: »
    I thought all mine were negative till I started reading this thread. Now I can only think of good ones. Like Bleach. The smell of bleach makes me want ice cream. I use to work at a Dairy Queen as a kid and when we closed up for the night we’d clean the place with this cleaner that had a heavy bleach smell. When we were done I’d always eat ice cream.

I like this one. I used to work at baskinrobbins...big rats bring back good times

Ha. Rats. That’s why I never ate the chocolate sprinkles.
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    The smell of the ocean always reminds me of my grandparents. We had some good holidays there. My gran made tomato jam and my grampa fished and we'd eat every meal at the dining room table

The smell of cigarettes (not smoked ones, more the smell of the empty box) and Turkish delights reminds me of my other gran. She smoked heavily and always sent me to buy her cigarettes (back in the days when it was legal for a child to buy cigarettes) and I could use the change for sweets

I have some good memories, but my kitchen knife does not trigger good responses. It is a great knife, but I will never be able to use it without remembering some bad stuff